Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adam1185

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 30, 2004
So last night the itms comes to Canada which is a great thing. The first thing I did was the buy the new U2 album and burn it to CD...which seemed to work fine. Then i bought another album tried to burn that, itunes just kept cancelling the burn and said there was an error. So i tried burning with some unprotected music files...that also failed. I thought maybe it's the discs i'm using or itunes, but no. Tried different discs and burning with toast and the finder. I did notice I get some weird error in the console when attempting to b urn with itunes and/or hte finder

"Burn sense: 5/2C/00 Illegal Request, Command sequence error"
"Burn error: 0x80020022 The device failed to respond properly, unable to recover or retry."

My combo drive is the MATSHITACD-RW CW-8123 in the rev.c 12inch powerbook and now it won't even read CD's( it will read and play DVD's perfectly though). I just had a kernel panic a couple minutes ago when trying to read an audio cd. The first few seconds of the song played fine then stopped, so I had to force quit itunes but the drive just kept making weird noises. This is really frustrating becuase I've maybe burned 10 discs before. I don't think burning too much would be the problem anyways since it can't even read discs anymore, it just spits them out maybe 20 seconds after I put it in the drive.

Any ideas/similar experiences?

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.