PDA

View Full Version : Wi-Fi anywhere on Ipod Touch free: Is it possible

Lyubomir1001
Aug 19, 2010, 09:36 PM
I was looking at the MyWi app and i was so happy that the app would give wi-fi to my device anywhere but when i read into it more and found out that it doesn't work on ipod touch, i got enraged!
It's because a carrier is needed for this tethering to work..

Is there a way to get wi-fi signal on ipod touch wherever you go for free???
someone please give me your ideas...

if its not free, what is the cheapest way?

I need some experts to answer this question.

It would be much appreciated.

Surely
Aug 19, 2010, 09:38 PM
No.

I don't think that you understand the concept of wifi.

Corndog5595
You seem to not understand what MyWi does.

Intell
There is no way to get WiFi everywhere on your iPod Touch unless you have a WiFi hotspot or wireless router with you at all times.

Lyubomir1001
Aug 19, 2010, 09:41 PM
Yes im a newbie at these things and i recently found out about MyWi..

Is there anyway to get any kind of internet wherever i go or anyway to get into hidden wi-fi networks

or to get in without password or by knowin how to get password.

Intell
Aug 19, 2010, 09:42 PM
{blah}

Nope.

Surely
Aug 19, 2010, 09:42 PM
No.

Wowzers.

Lyubomir1001
Aug 19, 2010, 09:44 PM
<.< how do you enjoy ipod touch at all then if it's useless outside
only music and whatever u got on ur screen

ignorance means u dont know

and i dont know about this stuff
i

Surely
Aug 19, 2010, 09:45 PM
I guess you just don't.

Wowzers.

Intell
Aug 19, 2010, 09:46 PM
The same way people enjoyed life without iPods, all those millions of years before they existed. You looks around, talk with others, play team based physical games, and maybe read a book.

Corndog5595
Aug 19, 2010, 09:46 PM
Our House = Wifi
My High School = Wifi
My Work = I work there, not watch the Forum Spy.

Corndog5595
Aug 19, 2010, 09:47 PM
<.< how do you enjoy ipod touch at all then if it's useless outside
only music and whatever u got on ur screen

ignorance means u dont know

and i dont know about this stuff
i

Newbie = I donít know somewhat
Ignorance = Not knowing

Seems like you are telling me I am right while trying to correct me.

Surely
Aug 19, 2010, 09:48 PM
Our House = Wifi
My High School = Wifi
My Work = I work there, not watch the Forum Spy.

Lies. :p

Lyubomir1001
Aug 19, 2010, 09:48 PM
The same way people enjoyed life without iPods, all those millions of years before they existed. You looks around, talk with others, play team based physical games, and maybe read a book.

Yes i do this everyday.. its not something new for me..
thread can be closed....
the only access to wi-fi i have is my house and a few places that offer free wi-fi hotspots

Lyubomir1001
Aug 19, 2010, 09:49 PM
Newbie = I don’t know somewhat
Ignorance = Not knowing

Seems like you are telling me I am right while trying to correct me.

I thought you meant im ignorant as a whole...
i am not knowing about this subject.

Corndog5595
Aug 19, 2010, 09:56 PM
Lies. :p

Customer: Yeah, Iíd like a large BLT with...
Me: Hang on dude, theres some idiot raging about the way the iOS handles multitasking
Customer: umm...I have no idea what the **** you are talking about, I just want a large shake man.

Surely
Aug 19, 2010, 10:38 PM
Customer: Yeah, Iíd like a large BLT with...
Me: Hang on dude, theres some idiot raging about the way the iOS handles multitasking
Customer: umm...I have no idea what the **** you are talking about, I just want a large shake man.

But the real question is: how are the corndogs?

Corndog5595
Aug 19, 2010, 10:38 PM
But the real question is: how are the corndogs?

Very corny, just like that joke.

Surely
Aug 19, 2010, 11:32 PM
Very corny, just like that joke.

I wasn't joking. You just serve BLTs and shakes?:confused:

Corndog5595
Aug 19, 2010, 11:37 PM
Iím sorry McDonaldís doesnít carry corndogs.

Surely
Aug 19, 2010, 11:40 PM
Iím sorry McDonaldís doesnít carry corndogs.

They should! It could be the next McRib.

Wait- McDonald's carries BLTs? Sorry, I haven't been t McD's in ~5 years except to get an iced coffee.

ryan0402
Aug 19, 2010, 11:43 PM
it is called wepgen and allows you to get wep keys to hack hotspots

Lyubomir1001
Aug 19, 2010, 11:47 PM
it is called wepgen and allows you to get wep keys to hack hotspots

that doesn't give the password to their router network!!!
i looked up this app today
it dont work!

u need the password for network

ryan0402
Aug 19, 2010, 11:48 PM
well if it is a WEP protected router it works such as my neighbors :p

Corndog5595
Aug 19, 2010, 11:50 PM
They should! It could be the next McRib.

Wait- McDonald's carries BLTs? Sorry, I haven't been t McD's in ~5 years except to get an iced coffee.

it was a joke, I donít actually work at Mc********

Surely
Aug 19, 2010, 11:53 PM
it was a joke, I donít actually work at Mc********

Hmmmm.... then why does the link in your sig go to the McD's homepage?:confused:

Could I have some fries with that?:D

Lyubomir1001
Aug 19, 2010, 11:58 PM
well if it is a WEP protected router it works such as my neighbors :p

its not free either so why bother???

edit: it needs wep password... thts what i need first
i need to know that to get wep passphrase (passphrase and password are 2 different things)

Corndog5595
Aug 20, 2010, 12:05 AM
Hmmmm.... then why does the link in your sig go to the McD's homepage?:confused:

Could I have some fries with that?:D

No, the link in my sig goes to a different Mc********. That one doesn’t serve shakes, it a serves one Terrible .t35 sub-domain with a medium side of iWeb horribleness.

einmusiker
Aug 20, 2010, 12:25 AM
its not free either so why bother???

edit: it needs wep password... thts what i need first
i need to know that to get wep passphrase (passphrase and password are 2 different things)

I think your looking for ewifi on cydia, but the app always crashes for some reason

yg17
Aug 20, 2010, 07:02 AM
If you want internet wherever you go, you need an iPhone. Simple as that.

Lyubomir1001
Aug 20, 2010, 07:26 AM
I think your looking for ewifi on cydia, but the app always crashes for some reason

Can i get my ipod touch bricked from installing certain apps on cydia?

-aggie-
Aug 20, 2010, 08:26 AM

Nope.

eng42ine
Aug 20, 2010, 11:37 AM

Stop.. Just stop.. You obviously don't know anything about a lot of things... What in the world possessed you to jailbreak if you didn't know what you were doing? Apparently researching different subjects is WAY too overrated nowadays...

Martog
Aug 21, 2010, 01:03 PM
If you want Wifi mostly anywhere, then you need something like Verizon's MiFi Mobile hotspot, it uses a cell signal generate internet for a handful of devices over wifi. It's not free as you have to pay a monthly fee. AT&T seems to offer Cradlepoint devices.

It is not going to be free, live with it. Get a smartphone if you really want mobile internet on a small device all the time.

Lyubomir1001
Aug 24, 2010, 01:18 PM
Stop.. Just stop.. You obviously don't know anything about a lot of things... What in the world possessed you to jailbreak if you didn't know what you were doing? Apparently researching different subjects is WAY too overrated nowadays...

Last i checked, a large percentage of people that know about these things are a bunch of nerd no lifes

its just jailbreaking.. i came to ask a question i dont know about
ur not expected to know.

battlekid
Aug 27, 2010, 04:08 PM
Wow. There are certainly some real noobs here. I agree, you certainly don't understand what wifi is!

Corndog5595
Aug 27, 2010, 07:22 PM
Wow. There are certainly some real noobs here. I agree, you certainly don't understand what wifi is!

These kind of threads made me wish there was an FML for tech stories.

like:
Today, I was in bestbuy and I overheard a conversation. Some lady opted out of getting a MBP because the intel computer was in purple and the Mac wasn’t.

Last i checked, a large percentage of people that know about these things are a bunch of nerd no lifes

its just jailbreaking.. i came to ask a question i dont know about
ur not expected to know.
Nerd no-lifes make money in a tech-centric economy. People that don’t even know what wifi is will probably never go anywhere in this world.

cclarso
Mar 27, 2011, 10:05 PM
I have read through this thread. A perfectly fine question was asked. Whoever made the thread should have been given a brief, friendly message to answer his question. Instead, he got bullied. Please refrain from belittling others. You should read through your responses and learn from them; some of them are just plain irrelevant.

Surely
Mar 27, 2011, 10:25 PM
I have read through this thread. A perfectly fine question was asked. Whoever made the thread should have been given a brief, friendly message to answer his question. Instead, he got bullied. Please refrain from belittling others. You should read through your responses and learn from them; some of them are just plain irrelevant.

Meh.

ydvshvm97
Apr 16, 2011, 05:01 AM
Heres the thing. Wifi requires a router, and so if there are no routers nearby it is impossible. On iPhones there is the 3g/gprs connection which can be used as a link to the internet. So as you wifi requires a link with no wires that can be provided by a source. :).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apple iPod touch 1g 8Gb
Mac mini 2.48gHZ
Apple PowerbookG4

Crigger540
Apr 16, 2011, 05:18 AM
Trolls be trolling!

MaxBurn
Apr 16, 2011, 09:59 AM
OMFGBBQ, where can i get the free wifis too!

Face it, the internet has to come from somewhere and you are going to pay someone to get it. Sometimes there are certain stores nice enough to give it to you for free.

AdrianK
Apr 16, 2011, 04:09 PM

Everything up to the point where the OP asked for the thread to be locked was fine IMO, they were reasonable answers. Anyway, when the OP starting insulting people what did they expect?

supermac96
May 15, 2011, 09:02 PM
i saw some video on youtube where this kids hooked there ipod up to this thing that got radio signals and gave them wifi so they could get it anywhere soooo maybe it is possible?

EricJD
May 16, 2011, 03:46 PM
Here you go.

http://www.virginmobileusa.com/mobile-broadband/peel-3200.html

http://www.virginmobileusa.com/mobile-broadband/mifi-2200.html

supermac96
May 16, 2011, 08:50 PM
Here you go.

http://www.virginmobileusa.com/mobile-broadband/peel-3200.html

http://www.virginmobileusa.com/mobile-broadband/mifi-2200.html

he said for free.

eclipse01
May 17, 2011, 11:05 AM
If you want Wifi mostly anywhere, then you need something like Verizon's MiFi Mobile hotspot, it uses a cell signal generate internet for a handful of devices over wifi. It's not free as you have to pay a monthly fee. AT&T seems to offer Cradlepoint devices.

It is not going to be free, live with it. Get a smartphone if you really want mobile internet on a small device all the time.

that is what I do (only with sprint) works great!!

lukenluken
May 18, 2011, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the links EricJD!!!

You can switch encoding parameters of end files such as example frequencyp
wav to mp3 converter free download (http://wavtomp3converter.com)

iphone1105
May 19, 2011, 06:09 PM
Best misundertanding of an app ever, great thread.