PDA

View Full Version : FS or Trade: Airport Card - Original (80211.b)

noahsnyc
Dec 3, 2004, 11:18 AM
Hello -

Still trying to upgrade to Airport Extreme and find a home for the trusty old-school Airport Card.

Willing to trade for an Airport Extreme Card (trying to get the house wireless for Christmas!)

or...

$80 (the price of an AE Card!)

Thanks,

Noah

noahsnyc@hotmail.com

sgarringer
Dec 3, 2004, 11:40 AM
Hello -

Still trying to upgrade to Airport Extreme and find a home for the trusty old-school Airport Card.

Willing to trade for an Airport Extreme Card (trying to get the house wireless for Christmas!)

or...

$80 (the price of an AE Card!)

Thanks,

Noah

noahsnyc@hotmail.com

Um... good luck. Normally, selling something will require you to take a loss, most people dont want to buy something used for the same price as something new.

Who knows, however.

stoid
Dec 3, 2004, 11:50 AM
Um... good luck. Normally, selling something will require you to take a loss, most people dont want to buy something used for the same price as something new.

Who knows, however.

Well, the original Airport cards are no longer in production, and for awhile they were going for around $100 on eBay, so I think that $80 is reasonable, though I personally am not looking for such a card.

Hemingray
Dec 3, 2004, 12:36 PM
I've been seeing these get $65-75 on eBay lately. Include shipping with the $80, and yeah that would be pretty reasonable.

noahsnyc
Dec 3, 2004, 12:56 PM
Even though the original Airport is "old technology", they're still in demand.
I did a little research (eBay/Macforums' Marketplace/etc.) and that's how I came up with the $80. I'd seen them go for more (and less), but $80 seems like a proper number. I'm no re-seller, and I'm not really anticipating that the person who buys it is going to try and re-sell it for a profit. Obviously, I'm making no profit on the sale (I bought it new for full-price) and all I'm really looking for is an Airport Extreme Card for my girlfriend's computer.

Simply, I'm trying to sell an Airport card to someone who needs it so I can afford to get an AE card.

So, $80 (w/ shipping) or an Airport Extreme Card for trade.

However, I'm sure that if no one bites, the price will have to go down!

Cheers,

Noah

noahsnyc@hotmail.com