PDA

View Full Version : Griffin Loop for iPad in UK.

testcard
Aug 20, 2010, 11:50 AM
Has anyone come across a supplier for the Griffin Loop in the UK?

Darth Maniac
Aug 24, 2010, 06:27 AM
Has anyone come across a supplier for the Griffin Loop in the UK?

I would like to know this too. Its odd that its not even on Ebay!

testcard
Aug 24, 2010, 06:31 AM
Ebay - been there too! Strange it hasn't even appeared in the Apple Store, particularly as the Griffin A-Frame arrived there fairly quickly.

Darth Maniac
Aug 24, 2010, 06:56 AM
Yeah but the A frame sucked so they probably needed to get some sold lol. The loop is a great stand concept and, crucially looks like a dream for typing.

Any Ebay sellers out there on these forums want to sell this thing? ******* maybe?? Don't take the pee on the prices and there are at least two UK buyers who would want one!!

testcard
Aug 24, 2010, 08:18 AM
I'm almost tempted to order direct from Griffin in the US and then sit back and wait for USPS to deliver - probably a month at least.

Darth Maniac
Aug 24, 2010, 09:46 AM
Cant you select priority delivery for a premium? I had that with an Ebay seller and it was less than a week.

Darth Maniac
Aug 24, 2010, 09:52 AM
Cant you select priority delivery for a premium? I had that with an Ebay seller and it was less than a week.

Actually scratch that - I checked priority postage and its silly money. Wonder why it was cheaper on Ebay lol.

testcard
Aug 24, 2010, 09:56 AM
Here's what they charge for delivery - US > UK:
For standard United States Postal Service (2-3 weeks) : $11.55
UPS Worldwide expedited delivery (whatever that is) : $78.53
And there are other UPS options which are even more expensive! Not great considering they sell the Loop for $29.99.

Darth Maniac
Aug 24, 2010, 10:03 AM
You know what will happen dont you? You will put in the order and the next day Amazon UK will have it with next day delivery :)

testcard
Aug 24, 2010, 10:09 AM
Exactly what I've been thinking - Amazon or Apple Store.

Anyone from Griffin hang around here? If so, care to suggest when the Loop might be crossing the pond?

testcard
Aug 26, 2010, 03:28 PM
Can't wait any longer for the Griffin Loop to reach our shores. Today I snapped and ordered direct from Griffin. Cheapest shipping option - USPS and canoe (probably). And now the waiting begins...