PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy an Apple Bumper for iPad?

HiFiGuy528
Aug 21, 2010, 09:24 AM
I really like my iPhone 4 Bumper case. The buttons feels nice even though it's not the actual buttons. It does not destroy the sexy lines on the phone. I wish there was a Bumper for the iPad. The Apple case is just ugly, but functional.

xraytech
Aug 21, 2010, 12:16 PM
I really like my iPhone 4 Bumper case. The buttons feels nice even though it's not the actual buttons. It does not destroy the sexy lines on the phone. I wish there was a Bumper for the iPad. The Apple case is just ugly, but functional.

http://www.boxwave.com/products/ipadbumpercase/apple-ipad-bumper_3779.htm

I'm not a fan to be honest. Belkin Grip Vue is the best case out there.

batman75
Aug 21, 2010, 03:53 PM
Not unless I had some brain damage.

TheBritishBloke
Aug 21, 2010, 04:01 PM
Nope. I want to protect the aluminium from scratches and nicks, whereas the iPhone is less susceptible to scratches due to it being glass.

batman75
Aug 21, 2010, 08:52 PM
Nope. I want to protect the aluminium from scratches and nicks, whereas the iPhone is less susceptible to scratches due to it being glass.

Exactly. That's the whole logic of the bumper. Glass is scratch proof, but aluminum isn't so you need a bumper for the aluminum bits.

The analogy to an iPad is the back cover.

The notion of a bumper for the iPad is just nutty.

iTouch.lover22
Aug 21, 2010, 08:59 PM
As cool as it would look, a bumper case woudn't work or the iPad. Unlike the iPhone 4, the back of the iPad is still curved, so the part with the apple logo on the back would extend further out than the edges of the bumper case.

drenline
Aug 22, 2010, 03:10 AM
If I can make calls on my ipad and if it helps with reception for making those calls then maybe yes:D

Mr. Biggles
Aug 22, 2010, 06:46 AM
Would you buy an Apple Bumper for iPad?

If it made every docking accessory, amongst others, unusable like it does for the iphone, then a big no.