Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gabriel007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Is my first time working on hd videos on final cut pro. i used to use compresor for standar videos compresing. i am trying to compres video is 40 minutes long to transfert it to dvd studio pro . i use compressor, the settings are hd videos 90 minutes long but the problem are the followings.

1 it took me like 15 hours to compres and after waiting all the time i try to trasfert to dvd studio pro.

2. it says is no a right format no compatible. can you guys help me plz ...telling me faster way compres and be able transfert to the dvd studio pro .

guydude193

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2009
MI
Please give your post a more descriptive title so people know what you're talking about and can help you.

KeithPratt

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2007
Use the 90 min DVD preset in Compressor.

And could I ask that you be more specific with your thread titles, and add a little punctuation to your posts? That was a tough read.

gabriel007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
?

i am using the 90 min hd dvd in compresonr it takes hours and it dint work on dvd studio pro

-DH

macrumors 65816
Nov 28, 2006
Nashville Tennessee
1 it took me like 15 hours to compres and after waiting all the time i try to trasfert to dvd studio pro.

2. it says is no a right format no compatible. can you guys help me plz ...telling me faster way compres and be able transfert to the dvd studio pro .

How did you export from FCP? It sounds like you used the wrong codec for exporting.

-DH

gabriel007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
to export

to export video from final cut pro to compressor i select file menu/send to / compresor and after that on compressor i choosed DVD/DVD HD H.064 60 MINUTOS

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
DVD Studio Pro is SD only for all practical purposes (you can create an HD DVD but it will only playback on certain Macs and certain, discontinued, Toshiba HD-DVD players). Use one of the SD-DVD presets in Compressor.

Also, what are the exact settings of the video codec you are editing and what are the exact settings of the timeline you are editing in?

Lethal

-DH

macrumors 65816
Nov 28, 2006
Nashville Tennessee
In FCP, go to File->Export->QuickTime Movie (not QuickTime Conversion). Export a self-contained or reference movie, then use the resulting file in Compressor.

In Compressor, use the appropriate DVD preset (do NOT use an HD DVD preset).

-DH

gabriel007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
ok

i will try my the timeline is HDV 1080I thas the resolution of the video and the sequence

gabriel007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
?

if i compress in sd like u told me the video is going be hd? because i am looking video to be hd and hight quality

Richardthe4th

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2008
Below Sealevel
Hi,

What you want to do is not possible: DVD's are made for SD only (and also DVD Studio pro). BlueRay is for HD. (You want an ordinary car to be as fast as a Ferrari, well it just isn't build that way...)

So you have a few options:
  • Make a DVD with DVD Studio pro
  • Make a blueray with another program
  • Or make a blueray (HD) on a DVD
The last thing is a trick and is called Blueray on red. See a very good description on:
http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/burn_br_mac_superdrive_stone.html
Good luck

du u see whot i mean whit the interpunction ;)

Grtz, Richard

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.