PDA

View Full Version : Power Support Crystal, WET METHOD Install

xraytech
Aug 21, 2010, 01:17 PM
Be kind, this is only my second "How To" video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr8EUKCb79Y

Built
Aug 21, 2010, 01:30 PM
Thanks, man. GREAT video. Thanks for posting.

I guess I'm still a little scared of the wet method. You make it look so easy, but I, personally, get weirded out thinking about liquid entering the iPad through ports or the home button.

Have you encountered any problems with that? I have used the dry method on all of my PS films on my iPhone 2G and 3G. Haven't yet done an install on my iPhone 4 and my iPad.

xraytech
Aug 21, 2010, 01:31 PM
Thanks, man. GREAT video. Thanks for posting.

I guess I'm still a little scared of the wet method. You make it look so easy, but I, personally, get weirded out thinking about liquid entering the iPad through ports or the home button.

Have you encountered any problems with that? I have used the dry method on all of my PS films on my iPhone 2G and 3G. Haven't yet done an install on my iPhone 4 and my iPad.

No issues at all.

Built
Aug 21, 2010, 02:36 PM
No issues at all.

Ok...That gives me a little more courage.

xraytech
Aug 21, 2010, 08:43 PM
Ok...That gives me a little more courage.

For peace of mind, you can use scotch tape to cover the ports.

nineohtoo
Aug 22, 2010, 01:11 AM
Thanks for the video. You think this will work with a film that's already been used? I have some dust that got caught under the film while aligning it. I didn't want to risk getting more dust under so I left it as is. I guess im wondering if any dust can be washed off then reapplied. I have to redo it for my MacBook too :(

xraytech
Aug 22, 2010, 02:44 AM
Thanks for the video. You think this will work with a film that's already been used? I have some dust that got caught under the film while aligning it. I didn't want to risk getting more dust under so I left it as is. I guess im wondering if any dust can be washed off then reapplied. I have to redo it for my MacBook too :(

Yes, you can wash these and reuse them.