PDA

View Full Version : tried to unjailbreak ipod touch itunes wont let me, stuck in dfu mode

spyder90
Aug 21, 2010, 11:33 PM
A while back i jailbroke my ipod touch 2g but decided today to unjailbreak it and restore to factory settings so i could update to iOS4. However after itunes would not permit me to restore (because its jailbroken) i looked it up online and tried installing the newest version of itunes and restarting my macbook. This did not work even after putting the ipod into dfu mode, now it is stuck, and i cannot restore it. I need to be able to restore it so that i will have an unjailbroken ipod with iOS4 thanks!!

GregR
Aug 22, 2010, 01:54 PM
And that's why you don't jailbreak. (good fir you though that you decided to unjailbreak)

OGDaniel
Aug 22, 2010, 02:30 PM
And that's why you don't jailbreak. (good fir you though that you decided to unjailbreak)

Exactly. I'm guessing you were jailbreaking for free apps that people worked their ass off to make, right? That's karma.

Mr Slippy IV
Aug 22, 2010, 02:38 PM
Lay off. He's got a legitimate problem. All I'd say is try somewhere else. In the non-hacks section of the forums, we don't know about much of this. Have you tried Google?

GregR
Aug 22, 2010, 03:13 PM
Lay off. He's got a legitimate problem. All I'd say is try somewhere else. In the non-hacks section of the forums, we don't know about much of this. Have you tried Google?

Yes you can take this to the hacks sub forum. You can also take it to the iPhone forum which has more people.