Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alainr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 20, 2008
For the past week I can't adjust the volume on my ipod touch. the volume slider disappears. Sometimes it is there.

I am not in landscape mode and don't use a docking station w/it.

i tried restarting, resetting. I tried changing the music controls in Settings, but no luck. My ipod is 2 yrs old; i have 3.1.3 software.

Is there any fix? i never had this problem before.

pavenger

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2008
Spokane, WA USA
This happens to me on occasion but I think its some residual interface from docking with my iHome alarm clock or Bose SoundDock. For me, I powering down my ipod works some times, but on one occasion I did a restore and it worked like a charm and hasn't done it since. So, use your only available option left and restore.

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
For the past week I can't adjust the volume on my ipod touch. the volume slider disappears. Sometimes it is there.

I am not in landscape mode and don't use a docking station w/it.

i tried restarting, resetting. I tried changing the music controls in Settings, but no luck. My ipod is 2 yrs old; i have 3.1.3 software.

Is there any fix? i never had this problem before.

If it is 2 years old, this means it's a first gen? Does it happen when headphones are connected or only when they are not? Since the 3.0 software, the volume slider disappears on the first gen touch when no headphones are connected (I guess Apple assumed that, since the headphones aren't connected and since it's the one model without a speaker that no one will want to adjust the volume).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.