PDA

View Full Version : WedgPad

CVC
Aug 22, 2010, 11:19 AM
http://www.wedgepad.com/

I typically use my iPad sitting in a chair with the iPad in my lap. I have been wanting something to prop up the iPad so I wouldn't have to hold it all the time. I hadn't seen a stand that could be used in a lap until I saw this.

The WedgePad is basically a wedge shaped beanbag with elastic straps. It's perfect for holding an iPad at an angle in your lap for viewing or typing. It's made out of black micro-fiber suede with white straps. The white straps are not attractive at all, but they do hold the WedgePad to the iPad well. They would have been much better in black. The WedgePad is very light and it's easy to carry them around attached to each other. The only problem with the straps (other than the color) is that one strap covers the sleep button and half of the volume rocker. The straps aren't so tight that they press the buttons.

The iPad is held at either 30 or 45 degree angles just by flipping it around. If you use your iPad on a desk this probably isn't the best stand for you, but if you use your iPad on your lap or in bed this works great.

mac jones
Aug 22, 2010, 11:45 AM
Peeramid does the same thing and can also be used for books and eReaders.

This cushion above is a one trick pony, albeit a rather fancy trick ;) .Also, the angle of this wedge may be better than the Peeramid. Who knows.

your move.

http://www.amazon.com/Hog-Wild-Peeramid-Bookrest-Burgundy/dp/B000X4K292/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1282495526&sr=8-1

Built
Aug 22, 2010, 12:50 PM
http://www.wedgepad.com/

I typically use my iPad sitting in a chair with the iPad in my lap. I have been wanting something to prop up the iPad so I wouldn't have to hold it all the time. I hadn't seen a stand that could be used in a lap until I saw this.

The WedgePad is basically a wedge shaped beanbag with elastic straps. It's perfect for holding an iPad at an angle in your lap for viewing or typing. It's made out of black micro-fiber suede with white straps. The white straps are not attractive at all, but they do hold the WedgePad to the iPad well. They would have been much better in black. The WedgePad is very light and it's easy to carry them around attached to each other. The only problem with the straps (other than the color) is that one strap covers the sleep button and half of the volume rocker. The straps aren't so tight that they press the buttons.

The iPad is held at either 30 or 45 degree angles just by flipping it around. If you use your iPad on a desk this probably isn't the best stand for you, but if you use your iPad on your lap or in bed this works great.

I like that. Just ordered one.

TraceyS/FL
Aug 22, 2010, 01:52 PM
I like that. Just ordered one.

You. Are. Bad.

Very. Very. Bad.

Put. Down. The. Credit. Card. (or, heck, send it to me to "hold" for you! ;))

:D

(i was thankful to see that it wasn't made by the same people that make the one for the Touch/iPhone - didn't have great CS from them over Christmas)

CVC
Aug 22, 2010, 10:33 PM
Peeramid does the same thing and can also be used for books and eReaders.

It's nice that it holds more than an iPad, also it will hold the iPad In portrait orientation. But, it's huge. The WedgePad is just under the iPad.

IrishVixen
Aug 22, 2010, 10:42 PM
The Peeramid, while bigger than the Wedge Pad, isn't "huge" at all--it's only about 12" per side. We have two of them, originally bought for my Kindle, and we use them with the iPads all the time. The convienience of being able to use it in both portrait and landscape is huge, but it isn't great for typing. I've done it even for longer posts than this one, but it's fairly upright so it's not an ideal angle.

I love ours, but I can see the appeal of the Wedge Pad.

Built
Aug 23, 2010, 12:04 AM
The Wedgpad looks small enough to fit in the computer messenger bag that I travel with. My purpose in using it would be to be able to comforably use my iPad while I am in bed at a hotel. I like the fact that the iPad is held in at the 4 corners by the loops.

Built
Aug 26, 2010, 11:35 PM
Got my WedgPad today. FAST service.

Haven't tried it yet, but can't wait. It is squishy enough to not take up much space in my messenger bag.

jjk454ss
Aug 27, 2010, 12:16 PM
Wedgepad looks nice, I wish they made one for portrait and one for landscape though. I like to use my iPad in portrait more than I do landscape. Otherwise this is just what I was looking for.

Built
Aug 27, 2010, 05:05 PM
Wedgepad looks nice, I wish they made one for portrait and one for landscape though. I like to use my iPad in portrait more than I do landscape. Otherwise this is just what I was looking for.

Agreed. The thing, though, is pretty squishy so that you can, in fact, use it to prop up an Ipad in portrait mode. It just won't be as much of a "wedge" as it would be in landscape mode. But there is definitely a lot of "give" to it.

Night Spring
Aug 28, 2010, 06:27 AM
Got my WedgPad today. FAST service.

Haven't tried it yet, but can't wait. It is squishy enough to not take up much space in my messenger bag.

Could you kindly tell me how it changes angles? I looked through their website, but there was no explanation. Also, how is the build and construction quality? Thanks!

Built
Aug 28, 2010, 08:12 AM
Could you kindly tell me how it changes angles? I looked through their website, but there was no explanation. Also, how is the build and construction quality? Thanks!

Because of the fact that it is squishy and not firm, you can really kind of mold it to how you want to use the iPad. Hard to describe really...

Construction and quality seem to be really good.

Night Spring
Aug 28, 2010, 09:29 AM
Because of the fact that it is squishy and not firm, you can really kind of mold it to how you want to use the iPad. Hard to describe really...

Construction and quality seem to be really good.

Thanks, I guess I'd really have to try it myself! ;)

CVC
Aug 28, 2010, 10:45 AM

The sides of the triangle are uneven. When you look at the side while the iPad is on it there is a long side and a short side. When it sits on the long side the iPad is at a 30 degree angle. When it sits on the short side it's at a 45 angle.

The build seems good. I've only had the pad for a week so couldn't tell you how it's going to last, but it doesn't feel cheap.

SamBensalem
Aug 29, 2010, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys.

I would like to extend a discount to any Macrumors users interested in a Wedgepad.

http://wedgepad.com/macrumors.php

Thanks, again.
Sam

prot0type
Aug 29, 2010, 12:36 PM
Wow.

That is a very nice offer, thanks.

Will probably pick up a few as gifts.

TraceyS/FL
Aug 29, 2010, 12:54 PM

I would like to extend a discount to any Macrumors users interested in a Wedgepad.

Thanks, again.
Sam

Thank you for the generous offer!

I wish it was a good time in life for me to buy one, but alas, it is not. I'm hearing October might be better though (I'm in a nasty divorce and we apparently go to trial in September). I would actually like to get one for my dad for non-iPad use, I think the size would work.

I just have to hope you have them in stock closer to the holidays!

But thanks again for thinking of us!!

Built
Aug 29, 2010, 05:47 PM
Thank you for the generous offer!

I wish it was a good time in life for me to buy one, but alas, it is not. I'm hearing October might be better though (I'm in a nasty divorce and we apparently go to trial in September). I would actually like to get one for my dad for non-iPad use, I think the size would work.

I just have to hope you have them in stock closer to the holidays!

But thanks again for thinking of us!!

Hey Tracey...

Sending good thoughts your way for better times. While I don't know you, I ALWAYS enjoy reading your posts.

I can recommend the Wedgepad. Can't wait to use it on my next layover.

Have a great day, and keep your chin up. :)

Built
Aug 29, 2010, 05:47 PM

Thanks, again.
Sam

I've already bought one. What can you do for me, buddy? :D

TraceyS/FL
Aug 29, 2010, 05:54 PM
Hey Tracey...

Sending good thoughts your way for better times. While I don't know you, I ALWAYS enjoy reading your posts.

I can recommend the Wedgepad. Can't wait to use it on my next layover.

Have a great day, and keep your chin up. :)

Thanks.... I'm trying to keep it up, its been a long 19 months getting this far... I'm afraid to think there is a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. :eek:

And, you know, seeing what you will buy next keeps me entertained :D

Don't forget to report back how it goes. I'm soooo ready to jump on a plane and go somewhere, and the Cessna for search and rescue doesn't count! I need a vacation. Bad.

Built
Aug 29, 2010, 06:14 PM
Thanks.... I'm trying to keep it up, its been a long 19 months getting this far... I'm afraid to think there is a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. :eek:

And, you know, seeing what you will buy next keeps me entertained :D

Don't forget to report back how it goes. I'm soooo ready to jump on a plane and go somewhere, and the Cessna for search and rescue doesn't count! I need a vacation. Bad.

God bless you, Tracey. 19 months IS a long time. You WILL get through it. (I can certainly tell you some stories about MY life...LOL...Keep the faith.)

In the meantime, I will keep you entertained with some of my iPad accessory adventures LOL

:)

nharrisn
Aug 29, 2010, 07:07 PM

Thanks, again.
Sam

Sam,

I am in the UK, how do I order a Wedgepad shipped to UK, your web site doesn't accept payments from non-US paypal members.

Thanks
Nigel

SamBensalem
Aug 29, 2010, 11:47 PM
I've already bought one. What can you do for me, buddy? :D

No problem. Shoot us an email with your order number and we will refund you the difference.

SamBensalem
Aug 29, 2010, 11:51 PM
Sam,

I am in the UK, how do I order a Wedgepad shipped to UK, your web site doesn't accept payments from non-US paypal members.

Thanks
Nigel

Nigel,

We get a lot of requests for shipping to the UK, but unfortunately we don't have the resources to handle international orders just yet. We have plans to start shipping to the UK,Canada and Australia in a couple months. Hope that helps.

Sam

Tomple
Aug 29, 2010, 11:54 PM

Thanks, again.
Sam

Thanks so much

You guys are awesome!

leons
Aug 30, 2010, 11:46 AM
Will this work if the iPad is in a case?

SamBensalem
Aug 30, 2010, 09:14 PM
Will this work if the iPad is in a case?

It really depends on the case. The elastic straps are fairly .... elastic, so they should be able to fit most silicone cases and some leather.

We have a great return policy. If the case doesn't fit you can always return it for a full refund. Feel free to contact us directly if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
Sam

Built
Aug 30, 2010, 10:01 PM
It really depends on the case. The elastic straps are fairly .... elastic, so they should be able to fit most silicone cases and some leather.

We have a great return policy. If the case doesn't fit you can always return it for a full refund. Feel free to contact us directly if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
Sam

Kudos on a great product. I will email you, Sam. Might even end up buying a second one!

IrishVixen
Aug 30, 2010, 10:30 PM
Purchased through the MacRumors link, thanks Sam! Looking forward to evaluating your product versus the other stands and Peeramid that I have already.

One immediate question...any chance you'll be eventually producing these in other colors, or at least a solid black option?

The black/white contrast probably works well for some, but I can say already the white elastic is likely to drive me to distraction. My covers for all my devices tend to be the kind that don't cover the edges of the device, or at least match those edges color-wise. Plus one advantage of the Peeramid pillows is that they come in enough colors/patterns to match nearly any decor. Flip it over on your couch and it looks like any other pillow, meaning you don't have to find a a place to store it when not in use.

So other color choices would be ideal!

felt.
Aug 31, 2010, 02:25 AM
Holding out for a model with black elastics.

Night Spring
Aug 31, 2010, 10:12 AM
While the white elastics isn't exactly a deal breaker for me, I too would prefer one with black elastics. Also, I don't see AmEx among your payment options. Any chance you will start taking AmEx in the near future? If you did, I might have ordered one already! ;)

SamBensalem
Aug 31, 2010, 08:30 PM
Purchased through the MacRumors link, thanks Sam! Looking forward to evaluating your product versus the other stands and Peeramid that I have already.

One immediate question...any chance you'll be eventually producing these in other colors, or at least a solid black option?

The black/white contrast probably works well for some, but I can say already the white elastic is likely to drive me to distraction. My covers for all my devices tend to be the kind that don't cover the edges of the device, or at least match those edges color-wise. Plus one advantage of the Peeramid pillows is that they come in enough colors/patterns to match nearly any decor. Flip it over on your couch and it looks like any other pillow, meaning you don't have to find a a place to store it when not in use.

So other color choices would be ideal!

We are working on other designs and colors, but we are a small team with limited resources.

The WedgePads are manufactured in Morocco then shipped to the US where they are filled and shipped. More colors means we would need more capital to invest in inventory along with more warehousing costs and workers, but we are working on it.

We are also working on a new kind of case/bumper for the iphone 4. Once that project is complete the black on black will be next.

Hope that helps,
Sam

SamBensalem
Sep 1, 2010, 02:49 PM
While the white elastics isn't exactly a deal breaker for me, I too would prefer one with black elastics. Also, I don't see AmEx among your payment options. Any chance you will start taking AmEx in the near future? If you did, I might have ordered one already! ;)

Amex should be available through PayPal. We will be adding Google checkout soon if PayPal doesn't work.

IrishVixen
Sep 3, 2010, 05:16 PM
Mine arrived today--a few quick notes:

The WedgePad is well crafted. The seams are nicely sewn, the materials used are both pleasant under the hand and seem to be a good quality. The pad is insanely light; from a portability perspective, weight will not be an issue. The microfiber suede has a nice, somewhat non slip quality about it. For those of us who tend to sit in odd positions while playing with our iPads, this is a pretty good way to hold your device wherever you need it. I tend to curl up against the arm of the couch and "hang" the iPad off my knees, and I typed most of this post that way--the WedgePad isn't budging from the spot where I placed it! It works just fine on a flat surface too.

One thing I'm not certain about--mine is smaller than the footprint of the device. This means the elastic has to stretch a fair distance to cover all four corners. I don't know if this is by design or if this is a flaw. Over time, I could see the elastics wearing out more easily because of the added stretch required of them.

The elastic corners do pose something of a problem in another way, as one crosses directly over both the sleep/wake switch and the volume rocker if you try to insert the iPad using all four elastic corners. Because mine is a bit smaller than the rectangle of the iPad itself, there literally isn't any way to use that fourth elastic without it putting pressure on at least one of those switches--sometimes both. Obviously when the iPad is in use, pressure on either can mess up what you're doing, so this is less than ideal. Still, the easy workaround is to leave the elastic off that corner; the iPad is secure enough for typing purposes with only three corners secured. In fact, I may end up mostly using it with only the lower two elastics holding the device in place. Thinner elastics (in black please!) might negate this problem as they could be maneuvered to fit around or between the buttons.

As mentioned above, those with silicone skins or TPU cases shouldn't have any problem making them fit. I did test it with my husband's MEdge Executive leather folio case, which is a pretty average sized case, and while it might be jury rigged to fit, you're really pushing it. My MacAlly Bookstand (which is much thinner) was fine, and I'm sure the Apple case would be too.

Overall, first impression is that this seems like a pretty good product, and I'd recommend giving it a try if you need a lap stand (pillow) for your iPad. An all black version would be a big plus though; as expected, the white is pretty distracting in actual use.

SamBensalem
Sep 4, 2010, 11:56 AM
Mine arrived today--a few quick notes:

The WedgePad is well crafted. The seams are nicely sewn, the materials used are both pleasant under the hand and seem to be a good quality. The pad is insanely light; from a portability perspective, weight will not be an issue. The microfiber suede has a nice, somewhat non slip quality about it. For those of us who tend to sit in odd positions while playing with our iPads, this is a pretty good way to hold your device wherever you need it. I tend to curl up against the arm of the couch and "hang" the iPad off my knees, and I typed most of this post that way--the WedgePad isn't budging from the spot where I placed it! It works just fine on a flat surface too.

One thing I'm not certain about--mine is smaller than the footprint of the device. This means the elastic has to stretch a fair distance to cover all four corners. I don't know if this is by design or if this is a flaw. Over time, I could see the elastics wearing out more easily because of the added stretch required of them.

The elastic corners do pose something of a problem in another way, as one crosses directly over both the sleep/wake switch and the volume rocker if you try to insert the iPad using all four elastic corners. Because mine is a bit smaller than the rectangle of the iPad itself, there literally isn't any way to use that fourth elastic without it putting pressure on at least one of those switches--sometimes both. Obviously when the iPad is in use, pressure on either can mess up what you're doing, so this is less than ideal. Still, the easy workaround is to leave the elastic off that corner; the iPad is secure enough for typing purposes with only three corners secured. In fact, I may end up mostly using it with only the lower two elastics holding the device in place. Thinner elastics (in black please!) might negate this problem as they could be maneuvered to fit around or between the buttons.

As mentioned above, those with silicone skins or TPU cases shouldn't have any problem making them fit. I did test it with my husband's MEdge Executive leather folio case, which is a pretty average sized case, and while it might be jury rigged to fit, you're really pushing it. My MacAlly Bookstand (which is much thinner) was fine, and I'm sure the Apple case would be too.

Overall, first impression is that this seems like a pretty good product, and I'd recommend giving it a try if you need a lap stand (pillow) for your iPad. An all black version would be a big plus though; as expected, the white is pretty distracting in actual use.

Glad you're enjoying your WedgePad. The WedgePad is purposely designed to be slightly smaller than the iPad for several reason two of which are the smaller size creates more pressure on the elastic straps and holds the iPad more securely than if it was the same exact size. This pressure also creates a firm surface for the iPad to rest on.

Thanks,
Sam Bensalem

ChiliBlue
Sep 4, 2010, 10:57 PM
Thank you for the discount. :) I ordered one and can't wait to try it out.

Mr. Biggles
Sep 6, 2010, 12:09 PM
Got my WedgePad. Short simple opinion is that it's perfect for lying in bed/couch and using the iPad. The bean bag approach to the design is perfect. It just kinda molds itself to whatever body part it's resting on.

Well worth it to me at least.

pm41m
Sep 7, 2010, 08:17 AM
I bought one with the MacRumors special price. I'm pleased with it even though the straps are a snug fit with my iPad in its TPM/Silicon back case. I wish the WedgePad was a bit bigger so that I could squish-adjust it to more viewing angles.

SamBensalem
Sep 8, 2010, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the great reviews guys, i'm glad everyone is enjoying their WedgePads. We have been listening and will bring an all black WedgePad in a couple months.

Also, please note that the MacRumors discount ends this Sunday 9/12. However, we will still provide free shipping via that link.

Thanks,
Sam

llurgy
Sep 8, 2010, 09:02 PM
Bought 2 through the macrumors link, thank you very kindly for the discount :)

mgg
Sep 10, 2010, 02:08 PM
Love my WedgePad. Took a black magic marker to the white elastic straps...now I have black straps. Much less distracting. : )

IrishVixen
Sep 11, 2010, 06:10 PM
Love my WedgePad. Took a black magic marker to the white elastic straps...now I have black straps. Much less distracting. : )

I did the same; it makes a HUGE difference and the straps are far less distracting to the eye. I've been using mine constantly and find it very comfortable no matter what the position.

TraceyS/FL
Sep 11, 2010, 06:20 PM
Sharpies can save the world!

My daughter told me yesterday she wants to work in the sharpie plant... She loves the things! LOL!

ChiliBlue
Sep 11, 2010, 09:15 PM
I ordered mine 9/4 and still haven't received. I emailed the company this morning. I'm really looking forward to this.

Built
Sep 11, 2010, 10:56 PM
GREAT product. GREAT service.

HIGHLY recommended.

eagleglen
Sep 12, 2010, 03:13 AM
Will an iPad in the apple case fit under the elastic straps without over streaching them? Will you be able to put it on and off easily with the case on?

tmarks11
Sep 12, 2010, 07:21 AM
The WedgePad is hand made with tiny frayed edges and imperfections, proof that it was crafted by the honest, hard-working, indigenous peoples of wherever.
That is actually kind of funny.

Sam, you might want to add another paragraph to that statement, since not everyone can recognize humor when they see it. Some potential customers might see that statement and envision some factory-prison in a sixth world country staffed with slaves.

Mentioning the bit you posted above about your factory in Morroco (which sounds exotic to us unenlightened Americans) would dispel that vision.

Your website also might lead me to expect an inferior product, which the reviews posted above definitely show is not true. Maybe get permission to borrow some of those reviews and post it to your site?

ChiliBlue
Sep 13, 2010, 09:40 PM
Received my Wedge Pad this morning. The post office misplaced it for a few days. :rolleyes:

I find the Wedge Pad to be perfect for me. I was surprised at how small it was but the iPad fits perfectly and it makes sense now. Holding it in my lap was comfortable and typing on it while it sits on the arm of the chair it very stable.

Double bonus is that it fits in my purse with no problem.

The customer service was outstanding. Sam was very quick to communicate with me and follow up via email.

SamBensalem
Sep 14, 2010, 10:14 PM
That is actually kind of funny.

Sam, you might want to add another paragraph to that statement, since not everyone can recognize humor when they see it. Some potential customers might see that statement and envision some factory-prison in a sixth world country staffed with slaves.

Mentioning the bit you posted above about your factory in Morroco (which sounds exotic to us unenlightened Americans) would dispel that vision.

Your website also might lead me to expect an inferior product, which the reviews posted above definitely show is not true. Maybe get permission to borrow some of those reviews and post it to your site?

Me and my (business)partner are web developers. He was the one that built the wedgepad website and he's a big fan of fight club (thats where that paragraph is from)

We're also working on some testimonials, but we're very filling orders, doing customer service and dealing with paypal/amazon:mad:

not to mention we're going to be sending a couple hundred free iPhone 4 cases to select Wedgepad customers to test and give us some feedback.

Built
Sep 14, 2010, 11:03 PM
Me and my (business)partner are web developers. He was the one that built the wedgepad website and he's a big fan of fight club (thats where that paragraph is from)

We're also working on some testimonials, but we're very filling orders, doing customer service and dealing with paypal/amazon:mad:

not to mention we're going to be sending a couple hundred free iPhone 4 cases to select Wedgepad customers to test and give us some feedback.

I would definitely love to give a testimonial...I travel A LOT for a living, and the Wedgepad fits easily into my laptop bag, along with several thick magazines, an Apple Wireless Keyboard, power cord, etc. It is GREAT for laying in bed in my hotel room with the Wedgepad resting on my knee. Great product and great service. Let me know if you need me to send you a testimonial directly from my Gmail account.

hardax
Oct 4, 2010, 09:18 PM
Anyone ever have the need to contact WedgePad via their customer service email address?

I ordered a Wedgepad about two weeks ago and although I got a shipping notice nothing ever showed up.

Multiple emails to customer service have gone unanswered.

Just wondering if I should be worried that I have been ripped off?

prot0type
Oct 4, 2010, 10:21 PM
Not sure if it helps or not, but I placed an order for a Wedgepad last Thursday and received a shipment confirmation email via paypal today. Guess I'll wait and see.

eagleglen
Oct 4, 2010, 10:49 PM
I ordered one about three weeks ago and received it 6 days later. I like it a lot but didn't think it was stuffed with enough filling, so I emailed them. Heard back a few days later, so yes, they do actually exist. Was told they weight the stuffing so mines as full as they intend it to be. They feel it conforms better with the amount of stuffing they provide, so that's all you get.

I do recommend the Wedgepad. It makes using the iPad on your lap while sitting on the sofa a lot more convenient. I will probably buy more stuffing for it from an arts supply place because I think it would sit up higher if it had more filling.

I should also note that I put the iPad in a grip vue case that I wasn't previously using. I think a naked iPad in the wedgepad leaves the edges exposed. Just a suggestion. Normally I have my iPad in an Apple case, but I wouldn't recommend putting the wedgepad on over top of it.

SamBensalem
Oct 5, 2010, 05:14 PM
Sorry for the delay guys:o. We were waiting on a shipment to come in. All back orders were sent yesterday.

We're also looking some customer service peeps, so i can get back to coding and product dev.

Thanks,
Sam

dogbiskit2
Oct 5, 2010, 08:28 PM
Hi Sam,

I was looking for something to use my iPad with while I'm laid up in bed for the next few weeks (recovering from Achilles tendon surgery). The wedgepad looks like the ticket. Any chance on extending that MacRumors discount? :D

Thanks,
J

hardax
Oct 5, 2010, 09:20 PM
Glad to see you post here Sam. Been having a heck of a time trying to get info on my order. Any idea if my order from more than three weeks ago is part of that backorder? I got a shipping notification but nothing showed and the status never changed from "shipping notification submitted"

SamBensalem
Oct 5, 2010, 10:06 PM
Glad to see you post here Sam. Been having a heck of a time trying to get info on my order. Any idea if my order from more than three weeks ago is part of that backorder? I got a shipping notification but nothing showed and the status never changed from "shipping notification submitted"

Sorry for the delay, working through a couple hundred emails as i type this. PM or Email me your order info, i can look into it now.

Thanks,
Sam

SamBensalem
Oct 5, 2010, 10:07 PM
Hi Sam,

I was looking for something to use my iPad with while I'm laid up in bed for the next few weeks (recovering from Achilles tendon surgery). The wedgepad looks like the ticket. Any chance on extending that MacRumors discount? :D

Thanks,
J

We're planing to run a MacRumors promo in a week or so. I'll submit the info on this thread when we do.

Thanks,
Sam

dogbiskit2
Oct 5, 2010, 10:51 PM
We're planing to run a MacRumors promo in a week or so. I'll submit the info on this thread when we do.

Thanks,
Sam

Excellent! Thanks so much! :)

-J

Built
Oct 5, 2010, 11:12 PM
I still love my Wedgepad.

prot0type
Oct 7, 2010, 11:47 AM
Just got my wedgepad in.

Simple and effective. It'll definitely be in my pack when I'm traveling and in use all the time at home.

Great job. Can't wait for the promo, have to order a few more :)

Ksane
Oct 9, 2010, 11:32 PM
Thanks, again.
Sam

I really wanted one of these. Sam, the link you posted shows the prices $20 but when you click on the link to gp pay for it, it comes up as $27. Not sure it's worth almost $30 but I would've paid the $20.
I guess our Macrumors discount is over then?

prot0type
Oct 11, 2010, 07:24 AM
I really wanted one of these. Sam, the link you posted shows the prices $20 but when you click on the link to gp pay for it, it comes up as $27. Not sure it's worth almost $30 but I would've paid the $20.
I guess our Macrumors discount is over then?

yes it is.

Also, please note that the MacRumors discount ends this Sunday 9/12. However, we will still provide free shipping via that link.

however, if you want to wait a little bit,

Thanks,
Sam

dogbiskit2
Oct 21, 2010, 02:35 PM

Thanks,
Sam

Don't mean to be too pushy, but any update on that promo? :D

Thanks!

Sweetbike40
Oct 25, 2010, 04:42 PM
Just got mine today. I love it. Worth the small price. It's a nice quality. iPad fits great and I don't find the white straps distracting at all.

SamBensalem
Oct 27, 2010, 11:58 AM
Don't mean to be too pushy, but any update on that promo? :D

Thanks!

Sorry for the delay, Discount will go live Monday.

Maybe the OP can update the post to reflect the promo so people wont miss it :).

Thanks,
Sam

Ksane
Oct 27, 2010, 12:27 PM
Thank you!! I'm getting one!
But wait......you mean we can get it until Monday for $27.00 with free shipping or we can get it after Monday for $20.00 plus $7.00 shipping?
Either way it's $27.00 so the 'promo link' isn't really a promo link, it's the regular price.

brettanderson
Oct 27, 2010, 10:40 PM
This looks great! Are you shipping International to the UK and Canada now?

mac jones
Oct 28, 2010, 09:54 AM
Thank you!! I'm getting one!
But wait......you mean we can get it until Monday for $27.00 with free shipping or we can get it after Monday for $20.00 plus $7.00 shipping?
Either way it's $27.00 so the 'promo link' isn't really a promo link, it's the regular price.

Yikes

He says "Will go live" Monday. NOT until Monday

Don't look a gift horse.......:rolleyes:

Ksane
Oct 28, 2010, 01:40 PM
Yikes

He says "Will go live" Monday. NOT until Monday

Don't look a gift horse.......:rolleyes:

Unroll your eyes. You obviously didnt go to their webste. It states right there that their "free shipping" (normally $7) ends Monday.......the same day the "$7 off Promo but you pay $7 shipping" starts. I was just saying it's not exactly a promo when it costs the same $27 either way. It's not a gift horse if it's the same everyday price.

SamBensalem
Oct 28, 2010, 05:55 PM
Sorry for the confusion guys. We will also extend the free shipping offer.

Thanks,
Sam

hardax
Nov 1, 2010, 02:55 PM
Hey Sam. Any update on the discount link? Itching to reorder my Wedgepad!

Sorry for the confusion guys. We will also extend the free shipping offer.

Thanks,
Sam

dogbiskit2
Nov 2, 2010, 02:39 AM
Hey Sam. Any update on the discount link? Itching to reorder my Wedgepad!

FYI, I just ordered mine using the link Sam supplied earlier in the thread. $20 plus 1 cent for S&H. Sweet!

Thanks, Sam! :D

Love Juice
Dec 5, 2010, 09:10 PM
Any chance of a MR holiday discount? :))) I've been looking for a new case for myse ....I mean, for a gift this season :P

WPSam
Dec 15, 2010, 12:05 PM
Hey guys,

As per MacRumors forum guidelines we can not use MacRumors for Business purposes. So if you have any questions please contact us directly or subscribe to our newsletter.

Happy Holidays,
Sam Bensalem

Chrissy1608
Dec 15, 2010, 06:59 PM
Hi Sam,

I emailed you last week but haven't had a reply yet..

Just wondering.. Are you doing any business in the UK yet?

There's literally nothing I can find here that's similar to your product and so I'd love to buy one.

eagleglen
Feb 1, 2011, 01:42 AM
I use my WedgePad everyday and really enjoy the convenience of having the iPad standup on it's own. But I had always wished it was more vertical and stood up straighter. I think over time, the styrofoam beads have begun to pulverize, so unfortunately it's been laying flater.

Tonight at Walmart I found a $5 bag of poly-pellets stuffing beads. The WedgePad has a nice zipper allowing it to be refilled easily. This simple DIY repair has made it perfect now.

mgg
Feb 1, 2011, 11:56 AM
I use my WedgePad everyday and really enjoy the convenience of having the iPad standup on it's own. But I had always wished it was more vertical and stood up straighter. I think over time, the styrofoam beads have begun to pulverize, so unfortunately it's been laying flater.

Tonight at Walmart I found a $5 bag of poly-pellets stuffing beads. The WedgePad has a nice zipper allowing it to be refilled easily. This simple DIY repair has made it perfect now.

Thanks for posting this -- mine has been getting flatter and flatter as time goes on. I'm off to get some! : )

mgg
Feb 1, 2011, 03:03 PM

What department did you find this in? I couldn't find it. : ( I went to Michael's afterwards, and they didn't have it either. : (

jparris1
Feb 1, 2011, 08:45 PM
What department did you find this in? I couldn't find it. : ( I went to Michael's afterwards, and they didn't have it either. : (

Jo-Ann Fabrics might have them if you have one in your area. I found http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B001O5SQCO at Amazon. They had others as well but they were more expensive.

Edit: Link doesn't seem to work. A search for pellet stuffing beads should find you many options at Amazon.

mgg
Feb 1, 2011, 08:53 PM
Jo-Ann Fabrics might have them if you have one in your area. I found http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B001O5SQCO at Amazon. They had others as well but they were more expensive.

Edit: Link doesn't seem to work. A search for pellet stuffing beads should find you many options at Amazon.

Thanks. I saw those, but they didn't sound like the same thing. I ended up getting them on ebay.

eagleglen
Feb 2, 2011, 04:12 AM
There was an aisle in my Walmart where they sell fabrics and sewing supplies. I found the beads there. It was a 32 oz bag of Poly-Pellets stuffing beads. These are a lot heavier than the origal styrofome beads, so expect the WedgePad to weigh more. Now if it only had a handle....

mgg
Feb 2, 2011, 09:35 AM
There was an aisle in my Walmart where they sell fabrics and sewing supplies. I found the beads there. It was a 32 oz bag of Poly-Pellets stuffing beads. These are a lot heavier than the origal styrofome beads, so expect the WedgePad to weigh more. Now if it only had a handle....
The Walmart by me doesn't have a fabric department anymore. That's where I figured it would be, but apparently they took that whole section out -- reduced to one aisle.

I think I found the same thing you got...but ended up having to pay $15, after shipping and all. : ( Oh, well, these should hold up better than the styrofoam beads -- I hope!!!

Thanks for your help. : )

WPSam
Apr 6, 2011, 09:59 AM
The Walmart by me doesn't have a fabric department anymore. That's where I figured it would be, but apparently they took that whole section out -- reduced to one aisle.

I think I found the same thing you got...but ended up having to pay $15, after shipping and all. : ( Oh, well, these should hold up better than the styrofoam beads -- I hope!!!

Thanks for your help. : )

Hey guys,

Sorry for not responding. Please contact us directly if you have any questions. We don't have any tools to monitor forum discussions :(

We will start offering Wedgepad pellet refills soon. Unfortunately, the amount of fill is subjective. Some people like the Wedgepad firm and some like them will a little more give.

If you need something now, i recommend Linens 'n Things for Brick and Mortar, Amazon and eBay for online.

Cheers,
Sam

jkandell
Aug 24, 2011, 06:29 AM
Maybe they were trying to be funny but I found this comment about the Wedgepad a bit odd:

Hand Made
The WedgePad iPad stand and case is hand made with tiny frayed edges and imperfections, proof that it was crafted by the honest, hard-working, indigenous peoples of wherever.

http://www.wedgepad.com/wedgepad-ipad-lap-stand

WPSam
Nov 24, 2011, 02:07 AM
Maybe they were trying to be funny but I found this comment about the Wedgepad a bit odd:

Hand Made
The WedgePad iPad stand and case is hand made with tiny frayed edges and imperfections, proof that it was crafted by the honest, hard-working, indigenous peoples of wherever.

http://www.wedgepad.com/wedgepad-ipad-lap-stand

We like to think that we have a good sense of humor over here. Plus i'm a film buffs. It's a quote from Fight Club .

-Sam