PDA

View Full Version : Otterbox iPad Defender Case- Rookie Review

Lichter21c
Aug 22, 2010, 05:03 PM
Well, First things first. I am new at all this and the iPad is my first real investment in apple products.

I ordered the otterbox defender case and received it a couple days ago, while I do not have my iPad yet (coming Tuesday) I have thoroughly looked it over and tore it down and put it back together.

The good [/COLOR]: It seems to be a very well made product, it is rugged and tough. My first impression is that it is definitely going to add significant weight to the iPad but I am willing to live with that.

The iPad is not even in the case yet and I have a hard time twisting or bending it.

The Bad:The small stand that is incorporated in the shell feels cheap and wouldn't take much to break. Also I still have my reservations on the screen protector that is included. I will have to wait till I actually install the product.

Overall I am very happy with the decision I made, Protecting my stuff is of the highest importance to me. I am willing to sacrifice adding weight if I go home with a protected iPad.

If anyone has any comments,questions or anything they want to add I would greatly appreciate it. If anyone wants specific photos of the case I would be more than happy to provide them. I figure there are a ton of photos already on this site and there easy to find.

Also, once I have the iPad installed, I will update on what my thoughts are.

thank you for reading my rambling review and hope it helped a little