PDA

View Full Version : Note taking app with stylus?

Mr79
Aug 22, 2010, 07:56 PM
I'm thinking about getting this stylus pen for the iPad.
But before I do that, is there an app out there right now that uses handwriting for taking notes?

I've looked, but I didn't notice anything that mention handwriting.

Thanks!

PCOM2013
Aug 22, 2010, 08:34 PM
Notetaker HD works great for me, I use it in combo with a Dagi p5001.

kim2272
Aug 22, 2010, 08:38 PM
I also use Note Taker HD. Very sufficient app IMO. Definitely worth buying. It also gives a discount code on a Pogo Stylus if you look in the help screen. I bought the Pogo stylus and I love it. I recommend this combination :)

Mr79
Aug 22, 2010, 09:24 PM
Thanks for taking the time to respond!
I will be purchasing the app!

Thank you for the suggestions!! :)

appleguy123
Aug 22, 2010, 11:04 PM
Does it convert to digital text?

NavySEAL6
Aug 22, 2010, 11:09 PM
I'm also looking for something similar..how does Soundpaper compare to Note Taker HD?

wackymacky
Aug 22, 2010, 11:18 PM
Does it convert to digital text?

No it doesn’t, though it does work quite well for scribbling notes. (There are youtube vids if you’re interested).

I bought it though I find that I can't write that fast with my fingers so trying to write notes when someone is talking isn't going to happen.

I wouldn't mind trailing a stylus for the app.

appleguy123
Aug 23, 2010, 12:28 PM
No it doesn’t, though it does work quite well for scribbling notes. (There are youtube vids if you’re interested).

I bought it though I find that I can't write that fast with my fingers so trying to write notes when someone is talking isn't going to happen.

I wouldn't mind trailing a stylus for the app.

Do you know of any that do? WritePad HD does, but the execution could be done better.

tekchic
Aug 23, 2010, 12:46 PM
I also use Note Taker HD. Very sufficient app IMO. Definitely worth buying. It also gives a discount code on a Pogo Stylus if you look in the help screen. I bought the Pogo stylus and I love it. I recommend this combination :)

I've got a Pogo stylus but seem to have poor results with it... what's your secret? For me it seems like I have to bear down really hard, not sure how long the foam tip will last.