Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

screen protector on your iphone 4

• yes

Votes: 108 73.5%
  • no

Votes: 39 26.5%

• Total voters

Che Castro

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 21, 2009
how many people use a screen protector on there iphone 4?
if you do which one

in thinkin of getting one, is powersupport Crystal Film still the best one?

spacefiesta

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2010
First thing I did when I bought my iphone3g was put a screen protector&case on it.

Needless to say I've been feeling very nervous since buying my iPhone 4 Just last week. Seeing as how Apple stores stock neither cases nor screen protectors, I ordered the PixelHD from the free case program,and bought another one to hold me over, and I'm patiently awaiting the 3 Film set from PowerSupport.
:)

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
If Apple could only invent a way to keep finger prints off the screen 100% then I would never ever want a screen protector. Till that happens, I am using them on every iPhone I own.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 21, 2009
If Apple could only invent a way to keep finger prints off the screen 100% then I would never ever want a screen protector. Till that happens, I am using them on every iPhone I own.

so your using the Anti-glare Screen Protector ones?

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
I use one, I'm loving my SGP Ultra Oleophobic screen protector, the only downside I've noticed is that it gets scratched pretty easily, better than having them on the screen though! lol :D

Che Castro

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 21, 2009
I use one, I'm loving my SGP Ultra Oleophobic screen protector, the only downside I've noticed is that it gets scratched pretty easily, better than having them on the screen though! lol :D

does Oleophobic look and feel better than the CRYSTAL sgp one?

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I've never used a screen protector on any of my iPhones (1st gen, 3GS, and now 4) that I've owned for the past 2.5 years.

I have never had a single scratch on any of those screens.

I don't baby my iPhones either. I take care of them, I use a case (and now a bumper) but I'm not all OCD about it. When I'm out, my iPhone is in my front left pocket with the screen facing my thigh. When I'm at home or at the office, it's on my desk/table/bed with the screen facing the sky. If I'm in the car, it's on my lap or on the seat next to me.

What I'm trying to say is that I don't keep it in a forcefield-like device to ensure it stays mint...... it just stays that way because I don't put it in my pocket along with keys/change or put it face down on rocks;). With normal use, you really should never scratch your screen.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
i had a power support anti-glare on my original iPhone and 3GS. i will not have one ruin the retina display on my iPhone 4. i find the finger prints not a big deal, a quick rub of the shirt will fix.

bad angel

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2010
USA
I've put screen protectors on all of my iPhones. I am always very careful with my iPhone but I want to make sure that it stays in excellent condition to help with resale value since I'll inevitably upgrade to the next iPhone model even when I tell myself I don't need to. :eek:

dirkph

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2008
Never had a screen protector in my life.

They are completely useless and a waste of money. I had a 3G that I did not care of (and didn't have a case on it, either) and my screen didn't have a single scratch (or micro scratch) on it at all.

If we're talking about covering up the back of the iPhone 4, then it's a different story. The back scratches, but not the front.

My ex gf thinks differently about it though and she keeps hassling me to get me back in her life. She's been using this to get her ex boyfriend back.

Last edited:

ItsJustafnPhone

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2010
Never had a screen protector in my life.

They are completely useless and a waste of money. I had a 3G that I did not care of at all (and didn't have a case on it, either) and my screen didn't have a single scratch (or micro scratch) on it at all.

If we're talking about covering up the back of the iPhone 4, then it's a different story. The back scratches, but not the front.

sorry but I don't believe you own an iPhone 4

the screen resolution is a lot higher quality, and so even tiny scratches on the screen + fingerprints are a lot more annoying

I recommend the SGP oleophobic + NXT 2.0 wax = crystal clear display and increases how fingerprint proof it is

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA

the screen resolution is a lot higher quality, and so even tiny scratches on the screen + fingerprints are a lot more annoying

I recommend the SGP oleophobic + NXT 2.0 wax = crystal clear display and increases how fingerprint proof it is

Sorry, but I DO own an iPhone 4, and I think that screen protectors are a waste of money as well. The screen is too awesome to reduce its quality by covering it with something.

Anyway, it's a matter of opinion. It's a little ridiculous to call someone a liar because they have a different opinion than you. :rolleyes:

dirkph

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2008

I do own an iPhone 4... and I've owned a iPhone 3G prior to this for a year and a half. I've had zero tiny scratches on the front of both my devices so far. Neither have any of my friend's who own iPhone.

They are so useless, it's not even funny. The only reason you would get a screen protector is if you're trying to protect against shatter - and a screen protector just won't prevent that. Get a nice case and call it a day.

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
They are so useless, it's not even funny. The only reason you would get a screen protector is if you're trying to protect against shatter - and a screen protector just won't prevent that. Get a nice case and call it a day.

Tell that to the people on this forum who have scratches all over their iPhone 4s.

I have a 1.5 year old 3G that has two minor scratches on the screen. Not sure how they got there but they are there. Happened sometime after I removed the screen protectors.

I also have a month old 8GB 3GS that has a scratch in it's week old screen protector. Glad it was on the protector and not on the screen. This happened when I accidentally knocked the phone into the plugs sticking out of the side if my MBP.

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
I am going to be looking at this thing more hours than I can even estimate over the next year(s). I would be a fool not to scratch proof it.

I start forgetting screen protectors are even there within a day or two after I put them on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.