Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danerh

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2006
I'm going to be travelling around South America for about 6 months starting at the end of the year. I've heard a tale or two about people having things stolen from rooms or bags being snatched and what with being blonde and there for over 6 months I'd say I could be a target! An insurance claim is easy, but getting my precious photos stolen would be a tragedy!

I've got an iPad that I plan to take over there as I do unfortunately have some light work that I'll need to keep on top of, and a camera connection kit and obviously a camera. Ideally I'd like to be taking photos, plugging camera into iPad and then uploading them somewhere else such as flickr or me. or anywhere else that takes full quality photos and stores them.

This is where I'm falling short. I can't seem to find any app that does this painlessly... even emailing them to myself has a 5 picture limit.

Does anyone have an elegant or practical solutions?

danerh

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2006
FlickStackr

FlickStackr seems to have updated their app since last time I looked to now allow uploads... if anyone has any other info though it'd still be very helpful.

Would be great seeing as I'm a mobile me subscriber if apple would lift their game and better their Gallery app!

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
I use Photobucket's iPad app and the iPhone app as well for that matter. Both allow for multiple photo uploads in a session. Photobucket will allow you to create albums, though at last check you couldn't do that from the iPad app directly (I do it through Safari, you can also create them through the iPhone app).

It's been pretty painless for me so far, but your uploads are always going to be limited by your wireless speed, so uploading a large number of images at once will take time.

flavouringlife

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2010
Australia
Dropbox

Check this out, Dropbox app. Can access and sync your photo file and more anywhere. Just need to install the app iPad and install Mac or PC application. Auto sync and backup to web and to your Mac and PC anywhere. So even one of your device missing or breakdown, you still have many options to access your file.

Click here to check.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.