PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 3G on iOS4, Stuck with numeric signal indicators from old iOS3 JB

mbooth
Aug 23, 2010, 04:45 AM
Hi

I jailbroke my 3G using blackra1n on iOS3 and installed (IIRC BossPrefs although I could be mistaken)
I used this to turn on numeric signal strength indicators (for mobile signal and wifi)
I then decided to just upgrade straight to official iOS4 when it came out, thinking it would just overwrite any customisations I'd made.

However, the signal strength indicators now flick between the official icons and numerical representations.
I can only assume the prefs software (if it was Bossprefs) did something to the particular icons, and the official restore only restored some of them?

I've since re jailbroke iOS4 with redsn0w and found out that the prefs program I used is not compatible (it just starts to load then quits). I tried installing SBSettings and enabling and disabling numerical signal strength indicators in that, but it's to no avail.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Bl0ckHe1d
Aug 23, 2010, 05:48 AM
could you confirm how you restored your iphone? did you set up the iphone as new or did you restore from backup?

technically speaking it is recommended {from my personal experience!} to set the iphone as new! restoring from backup could cause a few conflicts!

Surrylic
Aug 23, 2010, 06:14 AM
I had the same issue. Looks like bossprefs or whatever jailbreak app used to display those doesn't turn them off when uninstalled.. so as far as I know, the only way to get rid of the battery percentage is to jailbreak it again, turn that feature off, and then un-jailbreak if you want. Annoying.. but yep that's your best bet.

dhlizard
Aug 23, 2010, 06:28 AM
The numbers carried over because you chose restore to backup instead of set up as new.

You will have to redo it (if you saved hashes) and choose set up as new to get rid of those.

mbooth
Aug 24, 2010, 03:57 AM
Hi

Thanks for the replies.

I simply plugged my JB'd iOS3 iPhone into iTunes, and hit "Yes please, upgrade me to iOS4", assuming that it would just 'overwrite' any JB customisations.

Surrylic. That's what I thought, and did plan to do.
Unfortunately, Bossprefs isn't compatible with iOS4 so I can't install it to turn the numeric signal indicators on then off again.

I tried installing SBSettings, and turned the similar option on and off in there, but it's made little difference.

crawfish963
Aug 24, 2010, 04:01 AM
What he means is if you'd selected to restore as new you would have gotten a clean wipe. you could have later synced everything back and possibly would have avoided this problem.

Anyhow, if you hashes are saved, restore and re-jailbreak. Best of luck :)

mbooth
Sep 10, 2010, 04:07 PM
I'm afraid I didn't save any hashes........
(Yes, what you said has just gone straight over my head, embarassingly.....)