PDA

View Full Version : After announcement, how long did it take 3G iPod Touches to appear in stores?

pink.gumdrops
Aug 23, 2010, 10:06 AM
I'm asking this question because I'm going to be getting a new MacBook Pro for school this year, which will obviously include the free iPod. I know that Apple's return / exchange policy on the unopened iPods is (please correct me if I'm wrong) 15 days. So I was wondering how long it took for the 3rd generation of iPod touches to start selling to get a rough estimate of how long it might take for the new 4G iPods to come, as I'll be wanting to exchange for the newer one if possible.
Sorry if this is a stupid question or has been asked before; neither Google nor the forum search told me the answer.

DUDEMANGUY5
Aug 23, 2010, 10:25 AM
For my town it took BestBuy about 2 weeks to get the "latest shipments" of the new iPod Touches, Nanos, Classics, and Shuffles. I think it is so they can sell the old ones to unsuspecting customers myself...

fel10
Aug 23, 2010, 10:29 AM
I wonder how long the Apple Stores will take to carry the new iPods after the announcement?!

saberahul
Aug 23, 2010, 10:43 AM
I highly doubt they will let you exchange the free [2nd Generation 8GB iPod which doesn't support wallpaper and multitasking] for the newest [4th gen] iPod. Chances are that they will either ask you to buy it for full msrp or give you a small discount as they know you got the 8GB for free.

Meever
Aug 23, 2010, 04:38 PM
Won't work. The free ipod touch deal is the clear out inventory for the new models that are coming.

If you refund your ipod for the new one you won't get your rebate. Unless you wait until you get your rebate THEN you return it I guess.

lewis82
Aug 23, 2010, 04:43 PM
Unless you wait until you get your rebate THEN you return it I guess.

I'm pretty damn sure they would send him a bill to get back the amount of the rebate...

LoneRider
Aug 23, 2010, 05:07 PM
Best bet is to just sell the freebie, then take the moeny and put it towards the new one once they come out.

And it really isn't a "free" 8Gb, you have to pay for it, then wait for the rebate. If you return it, you'll get your money back but no rebate will be coming.

lewis82
Aug 23, 2010, 05:16 PM
[...]And it really isn't a "free" 8Gb, you have to pay for it[...]

You also have to pay sales tax, as it is not included in the rebate.

Still, an iPod touch for 30$ (at least in Québec) is a god deal.

megamanbnmaster
Aug 24, 2010, 01:55 PM
Usually (at least with the past 3 years) when the new iPod Touches come out the free iPod touch w/ Mac states that the new iPod touches cannot be rebated. You're better off just buying a Mac + iPod touch, sell it for like 150, and use that money towards a new iPod touch when it comes out.