PDA

View Full Version : Played-Out Names

Chaszmyr
Aug 21, 2002, 11:00 PM
Lets look at some of the names Apple is using for its products. First we have "PowerMac". That name outdates not only G3s, but also gigabyte HDs! Isnt it about time for an "UltraMac" or something like that?

And how about "Macintosh" do you think Apple will ever release another computer not called Macintosh?

mnkeybsness
Aug 21, 2002, 11:08 PM
what's in a name? who really cares anyway...it's not like it says "powermac" right on the front of the machine anyway...if you don't like the name, then don't buy it

edesignuk
Aug 21, 2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Chaszmyr
Isnt it about time for an "UltraMac" or something like that?
I sure hope not! "UltraMac" sounds awful! :p
Personally I like PowerMac, as an official name, but then of course you have each generations alternate names....SawTooth, QuickSilver etc.

krossfyter
Aug 22, 2002, 01:09 AM
dude someones trippin on them shrooms.

Macmaniac
Aug 22, 2002, 08:30 AM
Well they could use other Apple (Fruit names) but they all sound awful: The new Apple Courtland!!

(Steals the shrooms and burns them);)

iGav
Aug 22, 2002, 08:59 AM
UltraMac.....

Sounds like a Transformer™

:p :p :p

topicolo
Aug 22, 2002, 09:10 AM
I think Apple has overused the word power in their products. Powermac, Powerbook, Powerschool, PowerCD, etc. Why can't they think up really cool names like Quadra?:rolleyes:

ftaok
Aug 22, 2002, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by topicolo
I think Apple has overused the word power in their products. Powermac, Powerbook, Powerschool, PowerCD, etc. Why can't they think up really cool names like Quadra?:rolleyes: Hey, I liked the quadra name. It really meant something (68040) and it was quite catchy.

topicolo
Aug 22, 2002, 01:48 PM
yeah, I thought so too.
How about the Mac Pentagram? a 1666Mhz G5? :D

mcrain
Aug 22, 2002, 02:09 PM
How bout ProMac.

mnkeybsness
Aug 22, 2002, 02:56 PM
how about let's leave them the way they are UNLESS something completely new comes out...though i think maybe the emac should be called imac and the lcd imacs should have a different name..."ilamp" was the first name that i heard anyone say when we watched the keynote...ha ha...at least it's still nicer looking that the "ugly powermacs" (4-port dualies)