Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alainr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 20, 2008
any suggestions for a note taking/organizing app that works on the imac and syncs with ipod touch that works when offline?
i use evernote now, but when I am offline on my ipod touch, notes are not always visible. especially screen shots and email are invisible even whenmarked as favorites.

the offline aspect is necessary to me.
important features: can sync ipod touch and imac, ability to take screen shots, send emails to the app, organize the notes AND ability to read when offline.

does awesome note work offline? any other ideas?

Gokunama

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2008
Awesome Note works offline, it supports pics and text. I don't believe you can send emails directly to the app, perhaps via Evernote? Considering you can sync all your Evernote notes to Awesome Note, it's a far better deal than Evernote's premium service.

iggypod

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Another vote for Awesome Note. I synch it with google docs (it also synchs with evernote) and therefore can access (read / write) the content from anywhere. Often I'll type it up on my MBP and access it on my iPhone via Awesome Note.

alainr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 20, 2008
awesome note-- edit on imac

Awesome Note works offline, it supports pics and text. I don't believe you can send emails directly to the app, perhaps via Evernote? Considering you can sync all your Evernote notes to Awesome Note, it's a far better deal than Evernote's premium service.

Thank you for the recommendation.
Can you add/edit notes to awesome from the imac? or do you enter them into evernote and then sync?

alainr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 20, 2008
advantages of awesome vs evernote?

Another vote for Awesome Note. I synch it with google docs (it also synchs with evernote) and therefore can access (read / write) the content from anywhere. Often I'll type it up on my MBP and access it on my iPhone via Awesome Note.

I am familar w/evernote; what are the advantages of awesome note? best features?

evernote just fixed the problem i had via itsnew release. it just is frustrating that the cycle of working/not working/working keeps reoccuring.
i wonder do i want to start working with a new program.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.