Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eatapeach

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2010
Granted I am new to the Mac-But I was going to put a CD in to copy to iTunes,and it didnt ask to enter it,or show it anywhere. I cant even eject it..
All the other CD's I have been putting in worked fine,and there is data on this one in question

Newbie mistake,or something wrong?

Thanks

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
It does not show up on Finder on the Sidebar or in Disk Utility?

http://guides.macrumors.com/Force_Eject_a_Stuck_CD_or_DVD

Also have a look at the following links (if you haven't already), as the information presented there might be helpful in your future endeavours into Mac OS X and could clear up initial confusion and may even prevent harm to your system or your files.

Mac OS X Basics
Switch 101 - guide with articles made by Apple on how to accustom yourself, after you switched to Mac OS X from Windows​

Mac 101 - How to get started with Mac OS X​

Find out how - tutorial videos made by Apple on how to do certain thing in Mac OS X​

Pro tips - tips made available by Apple for easier ways of doing certain tasks​

Mac OS X Keyboard Shortcuts - Learn about common Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts.​

Mac OS X Beginner's Guide by MacRumors - learn about software, media players, shortcuts and some useful tips, tricks and hints​

Mac Guides - tutorials, product guides and more​

MRoogle - a very effective tool to search these fora using Google and made available by edesignuk, introductory threads: 1, 2 and 3

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.