Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Think this has already been posted before but I just got mine and it is way cool. Looks sleek and the packaging is reminiscent of an iPhone. Feel pretty safe now knowing that I'll never be out of juice for my IP4 again :D

Attachments

• Satechi.JPG
    Satechi.JPG
    334.2 KB · Views: 97
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    421.5 KB · Views: 69

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
Think this has already been posted before but I just got mine and it is way cool. Looks sleek and the packaging is reminiscent of an iPhone. Feel pretty safe now knowing that I'll never be out of juice for my IP4 again :D

Can you provide a link where to buy at the best price? Thanks in advance! :cool:

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Haven't had the chance to fully test it however, after reading some reviews, people with 3G's were able to use the charger 4 times before recharging. Those with IP4's were getting around 3 charges before needing to recharge the battery. I'll test with this thing in the next day or so and see if these hold up to real testing.

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
Haven't had the chance to fully test it however, after reading some reviews, people with 3G's were able to use the charger 4 times before recharging. Those with IP4's were getting around 3 charges before needing to recharge the battery. I'll test with this thing in the next day or so and see if these hold up to real testing.

Sweet, thanks man! Its either this, or the JustMobile GumPlus charger for me :cool:

shaunxcool

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2010
It's a great looking unit but I've been getting closer to two full charges on an Iphone 4 than three. I'd like to know what sort of results your getting when you have a minute.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
It's a great looking unit but I've been getting closer to two full charges on an Iphone 4 than three. I'd like to know what sort of results your getting when you have a minute.

Finally did some "real world" testing with this thing and I was able to get 3 "full" charges before needing to charge the battery up.

What I did was let my IP4 battery get down to around 10-15% then charged. Once it hit full charge, I umplugged and left it alone. Did this three nights in a row and by the third night, the battery was gone and the battery on the IP4 was at 98% so I'm guessing it must've depleted the Satechi battery in the middle of the night.

I suspect that even if I had completely drained the IP4 and charged, I think I still would've been able to get three charges out of it. The third charge might not have been a full 100% charge but think it would've come close. Overall though, I like it and this thing is still way better than any Kensington backup battery.

shaunxcool

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2010
Finally did some "real world" testing with this thing and I was able to get 3 "full" charges before needing to charge the battery up.

What I did was let my IP4 battery get down to around 10-15% then charged. Once it hit full charge, I umplugged and left it alone. Did this three nights in a row and by the third night, the battery was gone and the battery on the IP4 was at 98% so I'm guessing it must've depleted the Satechi battery in the middle of the night.

I suspect that even if I had completely drained the IP4 and charged, I think I still would've been able to get three charges out of it. The third charge might not have been a full 100% charge but think it would've come close. Overall though, I like it and this thing is still way better than any Kensington backup battery.

Thanks for the information. Do you charge the device off of a computer USB or a seperate powered port? Does your power indicator show you still have one light left when it stops charging? I've noticed mine exhibits this behavior.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Thanks for the information. Do you charge the device off of a computer USB or a seperate powered port? Does your power indicator show you still have one light left when it stops charging? I've noticed mine exhibits this behavior.

Right now I only charge it through the USB on my laptop. I have a Kensington USB wall charger too that I haven't tried out yet with this thing but I'm guessing it'll charge a lot faster that way than through the laptop USB.

As far as the one light left bit, yeah, mine does that too for some reason. Not sure if this is the way it's supposed to work or not but it's weird.

EDIT: I contacted Satechi about the charging thing and they're sending me out a replacement. Apparently it's not supposed to work like this. They're also sending a prepaid shipping label to return the old unit as well. If you're still having issues with the charging thing, might wanna contact them and see if they'll send you out a replacement.

shaunxcool

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2010
Right now I only charge it through the USB on my laptop. I have a Kensington USB wall charger too that I haven't tried out yet with this thing but I'm guessing it'll charge a lot faster that way than through the laptop USB.

As far as the one light left bit, yeah, mine does that too for some reason. Not sure if this is the way it's supposed to work or not but it's weird.

EDIT: I contacted Satechi about the charging thing and they're sending me out a replacement. Apparently it's not supposed to work like this. They're also sending a prepaid shipping label to return the old unit as well. If you're still having issues with the charging thing, might wanna contact them and see if they'll send you out a replacement.

I'm actually on my third unit as I've had the prior two replaced for similar issues/capacity closer to 2600 mAH. I love the look and feel of the product but it hasn't lived up to expectations. If you wouldn't mind doing me a favor, could you test charging it with your wall charger instead of your computer and letting me know if that changes your results. That's the only thing I haven't tried to alleviate the problem. Satechi has wonderful customer service but this product has been a bit of a nightmare for me.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
I'm actually on my third unit as I've had the prior two replaced for similar issues/capacity closer to 2600 mAH. I love the look and feel of the product but it hasn't lived up to expectations. If you wouldn't mind doing me a favor, could you test charging it with your wall charger instead of your computer and letting me know if that changes your results. That's the only thing I haven't tried to alleviate the problem. Satechi has wonderful customer service but this product has been a bit of a nightmare for me.

Charged the battery using my wall charger and it charges perfectly. All lights come on and it takes about 2 hours to fully charge the battery. I guess charging from the laptop might be the "issue" but after charging with the wall charger, think I'll just use that to charge it instead of charging through the USB. Hope this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.