PDA

View Full Version : Steve Job's computer

mgargan1
Jul 27, 2003, 08:41 PM
is there any website, or does anyone know what computer Steve Jobs uses. I know there's a website that say's what Michael Dell uses. So i didn't know if anyone knew what Jobs uses.

Schiffi
Jul 27, 2003, 08:43 PM
Apple IIe and a whole lotta RAM

mgargan1
Jul 27, 2003, 08:45 PM
hahaha... yea, and then Ted Waitt uses his old 486... :)

janey
Jul 27, 2003, 08:50 PM
i'm guessing the G4 Cube and the NeXT cube as well...and then maybe a power mac? and a powerbook, just to keep up with changing technology.

Freg3000
Jul 27, 2003, 09:07 PM
He probably has an Mac in every room in his house. I assume that it is a pretty big house and I guess he would like variety so I think he has every model they make, including some past models. So the answer is: Steve has every Apple computer ever made. :)

Abstract
Jul 27, 2003, 09:15 PM
He's using his newly developed and unreleased dual proc 2.5GHz G5 PM, and a 15" 1.3GHz G4 PB. ;)

Surprised? There are lots of perks being the boss, including the power to fire people at random. :cool:

Vlade
Jul 27, 2003, 10:05 PM
He probably has a dual 2.0 GHZ G5, and because he's so rich he probably has it overclocked to about 2.5, so what if it melts!

e-coli
Jul 27, 2003, 10:28 PM
Actually, I hate to burst everyones bubble, but he uses a Toshiba laptop running Windoze.

That has been the scoop for some time. Obviously, I don't have first hand knowledge, but those who do say that's what he uses.

topicolo
Jul 27, 2003, 10:41 PM
Then I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't use his computer much...

mgargan1
Jul 27, 2003, 11:32 PM
here's michael dell's:
http://www.dell.com/us/en/gen/corporate/michael_computers.htm

they said that he has a 3.06GHz, with a 800MHz bus, but that processor doesn't exist. It's 3.06 with a 533MHz.

alset
Jul 28, 2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Freg3000
He probably has an Mac in every room in his house. I assume that it is a pretty big house and I guess he would like variety so I think he has every model they make, including some past models. So the answer is: Steve has every Apple computer ever made. :)

Steve is a minimalist. He barely had any furniture for years. Can't speak for now, but it wouldn't fit into the previous style.

Dan

edit - Steve has also been known to dismantle machines made by Apple during his time with NeXT, so don't look for any of those in his house. I think you are projecting your own fantasies on the life of a man who's habits have been well documented and do not match your own.

Mav451
Jul 28, 2003, 12:16 AM
or the 3.0C with 800 bus is more likely...considering only the newer 865 and 875P chipsets use the 800bus, i don't think he would step back to the older cpu.

http://www.dell.com/us/en/fed/products/model_dimen_3_dimen_xps.htm

voicegy
Jul 28, 2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Freg3000
So the answer is: Steve has every Apple computer ever made. :)

Not the TAM I bet.:p

Huked on Fonick
Jul 28, 2003, 02:18 AM
Dident he say at one of the keynotes that he uses a DP 800mhz Quicksilver?....maybe he uses a duel 2ghz now

whawho
Jul 28, 2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by mgargan1
here's michael dell's:

they said that he has a 3.06GHz, with a 800MHz bus, but that processor doesn't exist. It's 3.06 with a 533MHz.

That's cool how he does that... granted it may be pure BS but still it'd be cool if Steve did that.

laukev7
Jul 28, 2003, 08:13 PM
I am positive, he uses a powerbook. Or at least, he did around april 2000. Check at the bottom of the page:

http://www.microsuck.com/news-archive.shtml

solvs
Jul 28, 2003, 09:12 PM
I've heard the rumors of him using a Dell, among other things. But you'd think he'd be using some kind-of new Mac. Probably a P'Book and/or some unreleased Gx. It would suck if he didn't stand behind (at least one of) his own companies products. Although I have had some problems finding this info. Makes you wonder.

Maybe he uses some new next-gen computer in a non-discript case so that no one knows what it really is. I doubt it would look too bad, like a Dell or something, because he loves style. Or a Desktop, but just for show, and a next-gen P'Book, and one of those Dells from the bake offs so he can check out the competition.

You know, now I really wonder...

MetallicPenguin
Jul 28, 2003, 11:55 PM
Yes I would think he doesn't have any Macs during the time of NeXT, as in a book about him I own, it said he was asked to sign a keyboard or something, his reply was that he would do it if he was allowed to rip off all the unnecessary buttons and things that were made by other companies that Apple was using. I think it went something like that.

kettle
Jul 29, 2003, 12:21 AM
I would hope he used and spent a lot of time using the tools of the people he is trying to make in to Apple customers.

Know your enemy.:)

benjaminpg
Jul 29, 2003, 12:53 AM
According to some biography I read, he at least used to insist on using a NeXT box. That was probably before OS X, though. I would guess he's got a G5 now, and a powerbook.

Lanbrown
Jul 29, 2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by mgargan1
here's michael dell's:

I wonder if his Axim X5 is running 2003 and had the update that that resolved the problem that didn't exist according to them up until a week or so ago. They still haven't released the update for current customers. With the problems it experienced, how did it ever pass their internal testing. That must have been the day the interns got to run the testing procedures.

Huked on Fonick
Jul 29, 2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Lanbrown
With the problems it experienced, how did it ever pass their internal testing. That must have been the day the interns got to run the testing procedures.

Yea the "interns" lets blame it on them!, there annoying anyways

janey
Jul 29, 2003, 10:14 PM
someone could always e-mail him @ sjobs@apple.com :p
last time i asked him a question, he answered it. steve jobs is right handed lol

ibookin'
Jul 29, 2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by MetallicPenguin
Yes I would think he doesn't have any Macs during the time of NeXT, as in a book about him I own, it said he was asked to sign a keyboard or something, his reply was that he would do it if he was allowed to rip off all the unnecessary buttons and things that were made by other companies that Apple was using. I think it went something like that.

Yeah, in The Second Coming of Steve Jobs, a story of SJ getting an Apple keyboard to sign (which had actually already been signed by Woz :eek: ), and ripping off all the "unnecessary" keys (the F(x) keys and some others). These were the keys missing from the original Mac keyboards that had been put in the Apple Extended Keyboard to offer more functionality and ore appeal to those used to having them on IBM compatibles.

janey
Jul 29, 2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by ibookin'
Yeah, in The Second Coming of Steve Jobs...
An excellent book, i recommend that everyone who considers themselves Mac users should read it.

Powerbook G5
Jul 29, 2003, 10:44 PM
Remind me not to ask Steve Jobs to sign my PowerBook...

mgargan1
Jul 29, 2003, 10:50 PM
i just emailed him... if he responds, i'll post it.

primalman
Jul 30, 2003, 08:28 AM
Last I heard was that for about 2 years after he came back to Apple, he used an IBM Thinkpad, but not with Windoze. I thought it was a hacked NeXT OS or something. The reasoning was mainly for his other day job, Pixar. I have since heard that he uses a Powerbook G4 of some sort, but not exclusively. Steve loves his portables, I doubt he uses anything but a portable for his day to day usage. I am sure though that he messes around on G5s et al, cause he is the boss, and he has to be ready for the keynotes. :)