Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zirel

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 24, 2015
AdBomb is an effective, but lightweight blocker of ads and trackers.

It has more than 200 human-curated rules, the right amount to be fast, power efficient and comprehensive enough to block most of today’s unwanted content from the web.

For the curious ones, you can check all the rules that are applied to your browsing. Ad Bomb has an option to check all the rules in App, in the original JSON format, as well as a translation in plain English. We can do this, because have nothing to hide from you.

Should you find an Ad or a tracker in your browsing, you can report it back to us, please do so, you can do that very easily with AdBomb.

This is what you gain with AdBomb:

• Don't waste your data plan in data you don't need
  • Enjoy longer battery life, with reduced downloading
  • Faster page loading time
  • Protect your privacy from sites that do analyze and judge you from your browsing history
One of the most important aspects of AdBomb is that our blocking list is publicly available for everyone. It is available right now on GitHub, so you can collaborate with us.

With AdBomb, we will build a better Web for readers and creators, a Web based on quality and not volume, we also hope to protect your privacy online.

Complete Feature List for version 1.0:

• Easy to use, with in-app instructions.
  • Less is more: 225 hand-wirtten rules saves CPU and battery, but blocks almost all known Ads and Trackers. We use a custom filter availiable open source, we do not convert from Ad Block Plus list, like some other filters (even paid) do.
  • Browse all rules in-App, including search, we don't hide anything from you, no "secret sauce here"
  • See each rule in it's original JSON format, as well as a translation in natural language (English or Portuguese)
  • In-App reporting, so you can touch us about sites that have ads or trackers
  • Mini-browser, that doesn't block anything, usefull for sites you want to visit with ads
  • Free for all compatible iOS devices, no In-App Purchases, easy to use.

More at the website: https://www.sudomindcontrol.com/adbomb

Last edited:

Zirel

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 24, 2015
When will it hit the App Store? Today?

Thanks for asking

Only thing Apple tells me is "Waiting for Review", submitted when they opened up for iOS 9 apps...

Meanwhile, you can sign up the newsletter, and I will notify you guys.

Zirel

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 24, 2015
I have bad news, and good news!

The Bad News:

AdBomb 1.0 is still awaiting for review... Since September 11th!

Looks like a couple of hours of delay got AdBomb in the end of the list, and AppStore has flooded with "Minor changes to support iOS 9.0" Apps... as usual... I think they really should hire more people!

The good news:

I got approval for AdBomb 2.0 Beta!

Please note, version 2.0 is still a beta, and some things are not working, it's not a release candidate, so just toy around with it a bit.

If you want to joint the BETA bandwagon, please send an email, with your data:

FirstName, SecondName, em@il

In a line, with this format, with the commas. Please send me a PM!

Notice you need Apple's TestFlight App installed in your device, just search for "TestFlight" on the AppStore.

Thank you.

Rui Carneiro

Zirel

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 24, 2015
mrpeUEEl.jpg

People...

180º change

I accidentally the whole EasyList and EasyPrivacy, with element hidding rules (no holes left out by ads)...

AdBomb's open source list will be for fixing EasyList/EasyPrivacy.

Zirel

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 24, 2015
? You mixed languages :)-) seems few people like adbomb. I do a lot

Yes, I was using on my iPhone, and it was in Portuguese... (well, half-portuguese, because new strings aren't translated yet).

You are going to love AdBomb even more ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.