Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mikael0682

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2016
Hi,

I am an independent developer and I just wanted to share with you one of my iOS application for iPhone and iPad.

My Cal Widget is dedicated to persons who are looking for a better calendar widget than the one provided natively.

The app contains two different widgets: one that displays only upcoming events for the current and next day, and another one which is a month calendar.

You can take a look at the AppStore page here:
https://appsto.re/us/DR_jgb.i

Don't hesitate to leave your feedback !
Thank you very much
Best regards
Mikael

Attachments

• eng2.png
    eng2.png
    425.5 KB · Views: 447
  • eng3.png
    eng3.png
    427.5 KB · Views: 252

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
I really like the widget especially the list view one. Can you also choose to see the amount of appointment/days in the list view? However I'm still sticking to my current two calendar widgets though of which I now use EventsWidget the most.

I would switch though as soon as a widget comes along that offers travel time (car,bike,walking from set location or current location) to an appointment in the widget and that it would also work with Google Calendar and have a list view of upcoming days/week. See also my post on this matter here.

Last edited:

Mikael0682

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2016
Hi!

Thank you for your suggestions about travel time.

At the moment, the height of the widget is fixed, so you can't customize the number of events that display. However, if there are more events in your calendar than the view can display, some buttons appear to let you scroll down and up.

Best regards,
Mikael

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
This is good but I agree a customizable number of days and/or the number of events in the list view would be great. But then you'll have to deal with appointment dates.

Also, the month calendar week starts on Monday but many folks are used to a Sunday to Saturday arrangement.

Is there any way to make the actual event open in Calendar when you click on it?

Display issue I've noticed: Descender letters on all-day events in the month view are being cut off.

Mikael0682

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2016
Hi Brian,

Thank you very much for your comments and sorry for my late answer.

I will try to integrate your comments and ideas for upcoming versions. I'm trying to work on the app when i have a little time (I have a full time job beside developing apps ;-)) and already have implemented a few additional features, but i'll try to take into consideration your ideas.

I'll also correct the display issue.

Thank you very much for your feedback!
Best regards,
Mikael

Mikael0682

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2016
This is good but I agree a customizable number of days and/or the number of events in the list view would be great. But then you'll have to deal with appointment dates.

Also, the month calendar week starts on Monday but many folks are used to a Sunday to Saturday arrangement.

Is there any way to make the actual event open in Calendar when you click on it?

Display issue I've noticed: Descender letters on all-day events in the month view are being cut off.
Hi,

The latest version of the app provides a smarter UI, with new features including the customization of the month view. Display bug should also be corrected...
Don't hesitate to look on the AppStore and share your feedback!

Best regards,
Mikael

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Hi,

The latest version of the app provides a smarter UI, with new features including the customization of the month view. Display bug should also be corrected...
Don't hesitate to look on the AppStore and share your feedback!

Best regards,
Mikael

I'm not sure what the lined space below the month is for...isn't that supposed to display a list of events on the day selected in the month? None of my events show up there no matter what day I select in the month.

Good work, but I still prefer the discontinued widget I use that shows a list of up to 10 events or 10 days (EventsWidget) even though it wasn't properly updated and is actually not in the App Store anymore. Perhaps what that widget does isn't possible anymore. Here's the list view in that widget:
IMG_3192.PNG

Reactions: pacorob

Mikael0682

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2016
I'm not sure what the lined space below the month is for...isn't that supposed to display a list of events on the day selected in the month? None of my events show up there no matter what day I select in the month.

Good work, but I still prefer the discontinued widget I use that shows a list of up to 10 events or 10 days (EventsWidget) even though it wasn't properly updated and is actually not in the App Store anymore. Perhaps what that widget does isn't possible anymore. Here's the list view in that widget:
View attachment 720904
Yes, you should see your event list in the space below the month (screenshot attached).
Did you launch the app to select the calendars that you want to include in the widget?

Regarding the list view, I understand and i will try to work on this for future releases...

Attachments

• eng1.png
    eng1.png
    447 KB · Views: 207

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I'm using the "Lite" version and have one calendar selected. Not seeing any events for any days below the month calendar no matter what day I select.

It's a Google calendar if that matters.

Mikael0682

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2016
I'm using the "Lite" version and have one calendar selected. Not seeing any events for any days below the month calendar no matter what day I select.

It's a Google calendar if that matters.
If it displays in the native calendar app, it should display in the widget too.
Did you try to select another calendar (not a Google cal) to see if it works properly?

Mikael0682

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2016
Not working with an iCloud calendar, either.
It’s really weird...

Did you try to delete and reinstall the app ?
Nobody reported me such as problem, even among people who upgraded from lite to full featured version.

Can you precise me your device, os version and send me a screenshot of the month calendar please?

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
Any plans on supporting travel time in the widget as discussed in this topic last year? I would definitely switch if that would be supported for Google calendars.

Mikael0682

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2016
Any plans on supporting travel time in the widget as discussed in this topic last year? I would definitely switch if that would be supported for Google calendars.
It would definitely be a nice feature.
I'll look if i manage to do this...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.