Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

falconman515

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 8, 2010
I just DL'ed the Netflix app and I get nothing when started, most of the time it goes to a white screen and sometimes just stays on the loading screen and does nothing.

I read some reviews in the app store and a lot of people seem to have this issue.

I have an iPhone 4 with iOS 4.0.1 running, I have tried to restart and already tried uninstalling app and reinstalling and still the same issue.

Any suggestions or others out there that have this issue?

emilye

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2010
same problem

i downloaded the app today--i can get past the load screen, but then i just get a blank white screen. not jailbroken, either.

cbronfman

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2008
Washington DC
Works unbelievable well for me

I downloaded it this morning too. I logged in first from home using WiFi. I tried it on 3G when I was out today and it was a little laggy, but on WiFi I watched a good part of a film when I came home and it works really well. It takes less than one minute to load the movie.

I was amazed later when I went to the Netflix site on my home computer that it knew exactly how much of film I'd watched and asked if I wanted to resume.

When I picked up my iPhone again, the film resumed right where I left off (when I brought up the Netflix app and I said "resume.") I don't know why those of you who are having problems are having them.

I have a 3GS; the iPhone 4 should be working at least as well.

james92se

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Dallas, TX
Wait, so there is an "official" Netflix app now?

I've been more than happy with my JB app "trick". But this is cool if the real app is out now. They sure cut it close on the summer promise, though

hushmartin

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2009
Kansas
I had the same problem. I tried several times, but no dice. Eventually it worked, but it took time. I rebooted too, I think that might be what eventually fixed it. Also, if you get your password wrong it won't tell you that, it does the same thing.

danielroman

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2010
los angeles
It did it to me this morning, ended up closing the app completely and launched it again and it went to the log in screen. No problems since then.

jbaird1144

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2010
To get rid of the white screen you need to check what your time zone is set to. Then you need make sure your iphone or ipod has the correct time. I had the same exact issue. White screen when I loaded up the app and that solved it for me. Hope it works for you too. :D

spudgeek

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2008
To fix NetFlix whitescreen issue on iPhone

Go to Settings; Select NetFlix; Set Reset to 'On'

Geary

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2007
When in Doubt....

....Reboot. Worked perfectly. Better/clearer/stronger streaming live on my iPhone :apple: 3Gs 3G network than on my Wii. This is very cool indeed. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.