Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexcf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2009
Hi guys,

So I've been having problems with using headphone splitters on my iPad with the Apple In-Ear and the original Apple Headphones. It's a pretty simple problem, it's basically down to the mic being integrated into the jack. What I've found is, if I plug my headphones in, the sound is either distorted, or I'm only able to hear half of the sound track. i.e. only the background noise, not the voices on a film.

I've tried a few different splitters, the belkin moulded one, and a few other ones I had lying around the house, all have the same problem. The only solution is to strategically plug the headphones in but pulling them out slightly so they make a proper connection, but if you're on a train/plane with a girlfriend who can't get comfy, it usually gets knocked and you end up having to fiddle for a couple of minutes to get it in exactly the right position again!

When I use my Bose QC15s, I don't have a problem at all, it seems to be just a problem with the apple headphones. I thought it was the Belkin coupler at first, so I binned my first one and bought another but still had the same problem. :(

Anyone else have that problem or know a solution?

Thanks in advance!

Alex.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.