Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fast/Furious

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Is this even possible? I bought a cheap Nokia E71 to use as a backup phone but I can't figure out a way to export my iPhone contacts to the SIM card. I'm jailbroken so is there some kind of JB app that will let me do this? Or an App Store app? It's kind of a pain in the ass to realize that Apple won't let us do this most likely because it makes it so easy to switch to a different brand/model of phone :mad:

PS: I already did a couple searches before I posted this but most of them are old threads and offer no clear-cut solution... apparently iSIM will do it but I have to pay?

chargit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2010
Evansville, In
Is this even possible? I bought a cheap Nokia E71 to use as a backup phone but I can't figure out a way to export my iPhone contacts to the SIM card. I'm jailbroken so is there some kind of JB app that will let me do this? Or an App Store app? It's kind of a pain in the ass to realize that Apple won't let us do this most likely because it makes it so easy to switch to a different brand/model of phone :mad:

PS: I already did a couple searches before I posted this but most of them are old threads and offer no clear-cut solution... apparently iSIM will do it but I have to pay?

Nope! and I agree with you...... maybe your new phone will sync with your computer. if so you can save your contacts from your iPhone to outlook, yahoo, or some other contact manager then sync them to your new phone. thats the only way that I know of. sorry! :(

ivan300

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2010
export the contacts to windows contacts in ituens, download the nokia ovi suite, and import them

or you can take the exported vcf and put them on the e71 memory card and import them

Its easy just do some googling :)

Edit: or even easier set up a gmail account, on the iphone set up active sync and sync your contacts to gmail, then do the same on the e17

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
well there you have it! I didnt even know this existed and this question has been asked many times on this forum with no good answer other than what we already posted! thanks
I have a Mac =/
I'll try SIManager! Thanks :)

No prob.:) It works pretty good, just remember first to press read sim card button on the bottom left, before actually telling it to copy from 'iphone to sim' so that it can know the sim card contacts size and not give you the error 'sim card is full" for your first time. You can later add new ones manually too if needed...

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
No prob.:) It works pretty good, just remember first to press read sim card button on the bottom left, before actually telling it to copy from 'iphone to sim' so that it can know the sim card contacts size and not give you the error 'sim card is full" for your first time. You can later add new ones manually too if needed...

Nice, thats probably why I couldnt get it to work right before:D
The only down to this is that when you save to sim it just copies the name and phone number.
So for example if you have an email, home address, photo or any other field saved under that contact it will not copy over to the sim.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
if you are jb, download SIManager and presto!:cool:

Have you actually used this and got it to work? All I’ve heard was people finding it doesn’t work.

OP, I would just export/import your contacts to gmail and then sync to your Nokia from gmail. This also allows you to always have an online backup of your contacts.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Nice, thats probably why I couldnt get it to work right before:D
The only down to this is that when you save to sim it just copies the name and phone number.
So for example if you have an email, home address, photo or any other field saved under that contact it will not copy over to the sim.

That's correct because sim contacts are stored that way, you cannot add this extra info in any sim card.... that's why you may have the same contacts with various sim spaces since each number would take a sim card contact space out of the 250. (at least in the normal sized sim card is 250). :( (I did a mini audition in my head to select my 250! lol)

Have you actually used this and got it to work? All I’ve heard was people finding it doesn’t work.
OP, I would just export/import your contacts to gmail and then sync to your Nokia from gmail. This also allows you to always have an online backup of your contacts.
Yep, I used it when I had to use my dumbphones when I was w/out power for 3 days thanks to hurricane earl that passed close-by a couple of days ago... you have to make sure to press first "read from sim" then copy the contacts to the sim, that's why people are not being able to make it work (version is 2.1) after that it works perfectly (I have only tried it w/ the 3GS only though, the OP has a 3GS also so it should work).... and for the OP my contacts are google pushed contacts only and SIManager copied them no problem, one less step to do....

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
That's correct because sim contacts are stored that way, you cannot add this extra info in any sim card.... that's why you may have the same contacts with various sim spaces since each number would take a sim card contact space out of the 250. (at least in the normal sized sim card is 250). :( (I did a mini audition in my head to select my 250! lol)

Cool, thanks for the info.

chargit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2010
Evansville, In

I did finally get it to work but it took a while to figure it out. my issue is I have way more than 250 contacts and thats all a sim will hold.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.