Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Frazer19

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2010
Broken Britain
I love using my iPad as a portable device but sometimes when i dock it down and use my wireless keyboard i wish i had a mouse for it or atleast a trackpad.

Do you think it is possible that apple will release a wireless mouse or trackpad that is compatible with the iPad?

Paulywauly

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2009
Durham, UK
seriously doubt it, the whole interface is geared towards touch, alot of the features of apps just wouldnt work without fingers.

MrWillie

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2010
Starlite Starbrite Trailer Court
It's my understanding that if you have a jail broken iPad, there is an app for using a mouse. I don't have a dock or a wireless keyboard, and I have no desire to use a mouse, so I don't know how well it works.

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
I love using my iPad as a portable device but sometimes when i dock it down and use my wireless keyboard i wish i had a mouse for it or atleast a trackpad.

Do you think it is possible that apple will release a wireless mouse or trackpad that is compatible with the iPad?

I don't believe so... The iPad interface is touch based and it doesn't support a pointer (mouse) by design. The screen works as a trackpad.

Don't get me wrong, it would be nice if mouse support was available for Remote Control apps such as LogMeIn and Remote Desktop.

I've been considering getting a Bluetooth Keyboard for my iPad, but so far, I've learn to type fast on the iPad itself. Plus, it would be another thing to carry around.

For your Mac, get a Magic Trackpad of course!
I haven't used a mouse in a very long time, only Trackballs. And on Monday I bought a Magic Trackpad, and so far I love it!

RaceTripper

macrumors 68030
May 29, 2007
good point, although i'd like to see someone try to play Planets vs Zombies HD with the trackpad :D
No, but I'd at least like to have swipe to go back/forth in Safari , instead having to tap the little icons with my fat fingers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.