Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jwillpresents

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2010
Is there a way i can listen to music via my Motorola H550? To my understanding you could do it in the past but i'm not sure how to do it on iPhone 4...preferably without jailbreaking. Any help?

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
iPhone 4 has stereo bluetooth enabled. You need to connect stereo bluetooth headphones.

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009
Which are the best stereo Bluetooth headphones?

For sweat proof with a guarantee, Jaybirds.

What I own:
iSkin Cerulean F1
Motorola S9 (not the HD ones)
Sony MW600
Motorola H 98689
Plantronics Backbeat 903

I like behind the head in the ear headphones, so the winner for me, Plantronics Backbeat. They are loud, have good base.

If you are looking for high end then these may be worth a look:
Sennheiser MM100 Wireless Neckband Bluetooth Stereo Headset =$200

assmanof

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2010
iPhone 4 has stereo bluetooth enabled. You need to connect stereo bluetooth headphones.

You do not need stereo headphones for the bluetooth to stream music. Your earpiece must have a2dp capability. There aren't a whole lot of mono ones that do this but they work fine. I have the BlueAnt T1 and works great streaming whatever audio the iphone outputs. As a bonus it downloads your phonebook and announces the callers name when the phone rings. It also does voice commands and can access the iphone's built in voice command feature.

I just did a crapload of research recently because I was looking for a simple mono earpiece that streamed music and the BlueAnt is what I ended up with. The Jawbone Icon would also work, no voice commands though not too sure about that one. Keep in mind all of these earpieces with a2dp will be larger than your basic bluetooth unit, something to keep in mind if your used to the small ones.

iamartimus

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2010
Not a stereo headphone, but the Jawbone Icon can now play music. So you can listen to your music, apps, youtube, whatever makes music and sound through the Icon. Not in stereo or awesome sound quality, but you can still hear it, without blocking out the rest of the world. ;)

jeans94621

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2010
The jabra stone also allows you to listen to music through your bluetooth. But only for a couple hours. If you want to jailbreak you can use sbsettings and add mono bluetooth and use any bluetooth. Works great.

Ba77L3CRY

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2010
Umm great info.

Not a stereo headphone, but the Jawbone Icon can now play music. So you can listen to your music, apps, youtube, whatever makes music and sound through the Icon. Not in stereo or awesome sound quality, but you can still hear it, without blocking out the rest of the world. ;)

But how do you use the jawbone to listen to the iPod on ip4? More info needed!

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Well what I can not recommend getting is the new Motorola S10-HD.. I've heard good things about Jaybirds though.

r6girl

Administrator/Project Manager
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
But how do you use the jawbone to listen to the iPod on ip4? More info needed!

There is nothing special that needs to be done - it works with the iPhone 4 just like any other headset after completing the Bluetooth pairing process. After that, playing music in the iPod app will be piped through the Icon when it's on and connected.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
Well what I can not recommend getting is the new Motorola S10-HD.. I've heard good things about Jaybirds though.

I have the Motorola S7-HD and they're ok but they don't fit tight enough. That makes them sound not quite as good as they should. I've heard good things about the Jaybirds too but I'm waiting for their new model (the Blue Buds) to come out before I buy a pair.

Ba77L3CRY

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2010
sounds easy...

There is nothing special that needs to be done - it works with the iPhone 4 just like any other headset after completing the Bluetooth pairing process. After that, playing music in the iPod app will be piped through the Icon when it's on and connected.

For me it doesnt seem to work this easy. I have a Jawbone&iphone 4(see attachments). it connects and receives calls, ^*WORKS with voice dial, change the ipod songs(that plays thru my one speaker) all that jazz.. but i cant just sync my jawbone and play music thru it.... so if there is some trick or something im missing then let me know please! I have IP4,32g,ver 4.0, Jailbroken, Installous.. is there an app? Ive tried the voicemail thing that people have posted for 3.0's n such. and that doesnt work...? This would be awesome if it worked!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    391.2 KB · Views: 536
  • Snapshot_20101201.jpg
    Snapshot_20101201.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 538

Ba77L3CRY

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2010
For me it doesnt seem to work this easy. I have a Jawbone&iphone 4(see attachments). it connects and receives calls, ^*WORKS with voice dial, change the ipod songs(that plays thru my one speaker) all that jazz.. but i cant just sync my jawbone and play music thru it.... so if there is some trick or something im missing then let me know please! I have IP4,32g,ver 4.0, Jailbroken, Installous.. is there an app? Ive tried the voicemail thing that people have posted for 3.0's n such. and that doesnt work...? This would be awesome if it worked!

OK! Sooo i answered my own question! Yes, you can listen to your every function in the Iphone4 with, The Jawbone Icon... my issue was clear... It didnt work... i went to jawbone.com and updated my device... also i messed around a bit and downloaded a new girl voice for my JB. All together i updated my JB twice and whatever now it works. My phone did not have to restart. Now when i play my ipod there is a new blue tooth button on the right side of the volume scroll. Email me if anyone needs a lending hand. brief1024@gmail;)

Ba77L3CRY

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2010
New button

OK! Sooo i answered my own question! Yes, you can listen to your every function in the Iphone4 with, The Jawbone Icon... my issue was clear... It didnt work... i went to jawbone.com and updated my device... also i messed around a bit and downloaded a new girl voice for my JB. All together i updated my JB twice and whatever now it works. My phone did not have to restart. Now when i play my ipod there is a new blue tooth button on the right side of the volume scroll. Email me if anyone needs a lending hand. brief1024@gmail;)

Here is the updated bluetooth speaker screen button>after update

Attachments

• Snapshot_20101202.jpg
    Snapshot_20101202.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 876

trev1

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2012
Any lower priced Bluetooth?

Looking to listen to apps and music with any Bluetooth through the dual ear OR mic headset...just starting to research and figured I'd bump this to ask the community...this is my first post here..seems like a great forum :D

Btw I'm using a iphone4 and ipad2 all newest updates non jailed...

THANX!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.