Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cameronjames

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
When i try to play music my iPOD cycles through all of the songs quickly without playing any musis. How do I fix this?

jackieonasses

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
the great OKLAHOMA....
cameronjames said:
When i try to play music my iPOD cycles through all of the songs quickly without playing any musis. How do I fix this?
Try using the iPod updater in your Utilities folder. Press Reset and re input your music in there. it might have some error that would be fixed (perhaps) if you do that.

kyle

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
Your music library file has all the songs that you see on your iPod, but your actual music files have become disassociated from the library file. Meaning when you try to play a song in your library, it looks for that song at a certain spot on the hard drive for the file. It doesn't find the file, so it skips to the next song. I would restore your iPod, and reload your music. Its a glitch in the software, the restore should fix it. My iPod did this once too.

declen007

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2004
same problem

I just bought the charger and fm modulator for my ipod mini and i hooked it up in the car and it started to do the same thing, that is, cycle through songs without playing them, I simply fixed it by re-linking my ipod to my mac and viola...hope this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.