Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sullipilot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2010
Middlebury, CT
When I try to watch a Netflix movie/tv show it will buffer for a while and then start and 3-4 seconds later just stop and go back to the play screen. Any fixes?
Thanks!
Sully

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
I had this problem too last night. I don't think it is related to the Internet connection, since the movie ran just fine after I switched over to my Samsung Bluray player with inbuilt Netflix client (the player is connected through the same router). Looks like a bug in the ATV to me. It's too bad, since the ATV's Netflix client is much better than the one in the BD player.

sullipilot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2010
Middlebury, CT
I tried to let it buffer but just got the same results. I'm restoring it now just to see if anything works. Its a shame, my number one reason for getting the ATV was the netflix.
Sully

rusty2192

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2008
Kentucky
I don't think the ATV keeps downloading and buffering if you pause it. I was having trouble with my movie stopping to buffer every 30 seconds, so i did the usual pause for a couple minutes to let it build up a buffer, and not 30 seconds after i started playing again it stopped. This is on a 10Mbps connection on 5GHz N wireless.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.