Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joecool99

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
USA
not using iphoto. HOW can i access the and easily transfer the photos/video taken with the ipod touch ? hurts my head that apple doesn't allow USB mode to simply copy over what i need :mad:

eddy2099

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2010
It does for Video and Photos which you take off an iPod Touch 4. Take a picture or a video from the iPod Touch 4 then plug the unit to a computer via USB. You should get a pop up from the operating system asking you to open up a new usb drive. You should be able to copy, move or delete the pictures that way. However, you cannot use this method to copy pictures to the iPod Touch 4. Well, that's how it works for me in Windows.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4083

cmvsm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2004
Not sure what OS you are using, but if it is Snow Leopard, you simply plug your iPod Touch into your Mac, then go to Applications and select 'Image Capture'. Your pictures and video should be right there to drag to the desktop.

fel10

macrumors 68020
Feb 2, 2010
Woodstock, GA USA
I use an app called "Photo Transfer App". It's only $2.99, and it works flawlessly. It will transfer all your photos and videos from your iPod to your computer.

joecool99

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
USA
Not sure what OS you are using, but if it is Snow Leopard, you simply plug your iPod Touch into your Mac, then go to Applications and select 'Image Capture'. Your pictures and video should be right there to drag to the desktop.

that worked. i've never used image capture before. thanks :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.