Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BenGonz91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 4, 2010
I recently deleted the app speed download and didn't use the uninstaller so I'm worried my browsers may be looking for that and it's not there. I'm not getting any popups or anything when I try to download something, safari just goes to a black/grey screen and nothing happens. Please help!!

LPZ

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2006
I recently deleted the app speed download and didn't use the uninstaller so I'm worried my browsers may be looking for that and it's not there. I'm not getting any popups or anything when I try to download something, safari just goes to a black/grey screen and nothing happens. Please help!!

You should reinstall Speed Download and then use their uninstaller. If you still have the original .dmg file in your Downloads folder, just use it to reinstall. If you don't, you'll need to download it first. Since you apparently cannot download using a browser, you can do this:

Open Terminal (in Utilities) and enter

Code:
curl http://mirror.nscocoa.com/~yazsoftc2/files/sd5/sd5.zip -o sd5.zip

This should download the .zip file into your Home folder. Then double-click to uncompress it and you should have the .dmg you need.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.