Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zelmo

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
I finally picked up an iSight this weekend, primarily to use as a bar code scanner for Delicious Library. I just wasn't making time for the daunting task of cataloging my DVD's, CD's, books, and video games by typing in bar codes or titles.
If you have a substantial enough collection of any of these items to make Delicious Library an attractive purchase, and you aren't using a camera of some type to capture bar codes, run out now and buy one. It is ridiculously easy to set up and use, and faster to input items by a factor of 10 at least.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
powermac666 said:
I finally picked up an iSight this weekend, primarily to use as a bar code scanner for Delicious Library.
Sure... and did you pick up the 60GB 'pod "primarily to use as a backup device for your library"? ;)

Sounds like a nice app, and it's been getting a lot of good press. I might need to check it out.

zelmo

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
No, but I did manage to somehow refrain from picking up a 1GB Shuffle - they were putting them out as a stood at the counter with the iSight.
If you have a decent collection of anny combo of CD/DVD/book/video games, and you like having them cataloged, Delicious Library is made for you.

As for the iSight, I'll have to keep it away from my 16 year old daughter. My God, the possibilities are simply nightmare-inducing!!

**goes and looks for shotgun, just in case**

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Just took a look at the software and am downloading it right now to check it out in demo mode. I am looking forward to cataloging a number of videos, books, etc., as well as having a way to share said resources with family and friends.

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
This is definetly one piece of software I would like Apple to put into iLife. Monster stuff at present only uses Amazon and is pretty flakey for international support and more obscure material - which is the reason I have held back getting it.

Logik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
aswitcher said:
This is definetly one piece of software I would like Apple to put into iLife. Monster stuff at present only uses Amazon and is pretty flakey for international support and more obscure material - which is the reason I have held back getting it.

from what i've heard 1.5 will address a few of these issues. they tried getting info from imdb but they license it out all weird and blah blah blah.. check out their blog (VERY bottom of the front page they have a link in small letters) for more details

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.