Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ssdeg7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 15, 2010
I have a question, if a pay the $99 to be a Mac OS X developer do I get the preview of OS X 10.7 for free? And when it is released do I get a free copy?

If so, how do I get it? When I register do I receive a redeem code for the Mac App Store with a coupon for Lion? Isn't it cheeper to pay for the $99 than pay the entire price when the OS is released?

Thanks in advanced!

AdrianK

macrumors 68020
Feb 19, 2011
I have a question, if a pay the $99 to be a Mac OS X developer do I get the preview of OS X 10.7 for free? And when it is released do I get a free copy?

If so, how do I get it? When I register do I receive a redeem code for the Mac App Store with a coupon for Lion? Isn't it cheeper to pay for the $99 than pay the entire price when the OS is released?

Thanks in advanced!

Everyone is the Mac Developer program gets a code to redeem their preview copy of Lion, you can redeem it whenever you want, it's available now.

Apparently Developers in the Snow Leopard got the Gold Master for free, or at least that's what I've heard (read: get second opinion).

No one know's how much lion will cost, probably more than Snow Leopard. I'd say Lion will probably be around $99 or a bit lower.

logandzwon

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2007
Actually, there's no limit on the number of Macs. It's simply all of the ones you own and/or control.

jW

As far as I understood it, you are right technically. However, each iTunes account can only be tied 10 devices, 5 of which can be PCs. So in practice, that is 5.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
As far as I understood it, you are right technically. However, each iTunes account can only be tied 10 devices, 5 of which can be PCs. So in practice, that is 5.

iTunes. Not the Mac App Store. You're misplacing the limitations. You cannot authorize iTunes on more than 5 computers (unlimited iDevices, however). You can, however, authorize the Mac App Store on an unlimited number of Macs.

jW

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.