Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maury

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2008
We had a power failure yesterday and since then my Apple TV doesn't show up in my PMac's iTunes. The ATV works fine, you can use the internet and such. The PMac works fine, ditto. I have reset the APExpress.

Any suggestions?

Maury

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2008
And...

... the Apple TV tab has completely disappeared from iTune's prefs.

Frosticus

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2010
Bristol, UK
I've had a similar problem after a powercut.

Just turn the Apple TV off and back on again, but by physically cutting the power (either at the mains switch or by pulling the plug out) - switch off/sleep using the remote doesn't have the same effect.. This seems to get Airplay working again properly, and advertises the ATV on the LAN correctly which it sounds like you are having problems with.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Frosticus

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2010
Bristol, UK
Oops, sorry I'm an ATV2 owner, so not as much help with the original ATV.

All I'd suggest is after trying the above you might want to restart your computer, or at the very least iTunes. Beyond that, I'm sure that an Apple TV expert on here who can help!

Maury

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2008
Oops, sorry I'm an ATV2 owner, so not as much help with the original ATV.

All I'd suggest is after trying the above you might want to restart your computer, or at the very least iTunes. Beyond that, I'm sure that an Apple TV expert on here who can help!

Sadly none of that works. Everything including the router has been reset.

pagansoul

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2006
Earth
When this happened to me I had to reset my ATV back to new. I had to redo all the passwords but it came back onto my computer.

Colonel-Panic

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2010
I own both :apple:tv & :apple:tv 2 and I would suggest going into computers on your :apple:tv and add your shared iTunes library again. It should pop the code up on your tv screen and force iTunes to see it.

RedVespaBlur

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2008
I own both :apple:tv & :apple:tv 2 and I would suggest going into computers on your :apple:tv and add your shared iTunes library again. It should pop the code up on your tv screen and force iTunes to see it.

+1 on this. I recently set up my old ATV 1 at parents and could not figure out why iTunes could not see the ATV. You start the process on ATV not in iTunes to link then together.

internaliserad

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2012
Having problem with Airfoil and apple tv

Hi everyone..

My Airfoil wont show my AppleTv as an option when I wan't to
stream music from my computer to my AppleTv in my living room, thats connected to a tv with speakers..

Is the problem with airfoil or on the AppleTv, they are both connected to the same network and my computer is a brand new retina.. ?

thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.