Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

psyduckiee

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2008
Lifecase really has to show more images of the case itself. In both of their YouTube videos, it hardly even goes into details about the case and it's appearance. I mean, the website only has front shots of the case and it's not even a real demo. The more pictures they share than the more people will be able to actually consider the case.

Jmill79

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2011
Lifecase really has to show more images of the case itself. In both of their YouTube videos, it hardly even goes into details about the case and it's appearance. I mean, the website only has front shots of the case and it's not even a real demo. The more pictures they share than the more people will be able to actually consider the case.

Thats funny as thats exactly what I thought as well. There really isnt anything in the way of descriptive photo's on there, I was trying to watch the videos to even get an idea of what it looked like.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
I hate to be negative but until some of us get this case in our hands, it's just vaporware.

trozau

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2010
Appleland, USA
LP_Features.jpg

Jmill79

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2011
Wow, nice breakdown, thanks. Im thinking this wont be able to be used with the VZ iPhone tho, judging by that mute area pic.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
i tried to get a prototype from them but they were reluctant to give me one. wait till april they said so the wait is on

It looks to be way too bulky for me personally but I can certainly see why people are excited about it. I really hope they come through because I'd like to see some reviews and some real-world testing. It's definitely an interesting product - now let's see if they can pull it off:D.

LincolnsiPod

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2009
I didn't sense any reluctance when I asked for a review sample myself. They responded that they would be happy to send me a beta unit once production begins in the next couple of weeks and expressed keen interest in what I would think of it. I specifically said that I had a Verizon iPhone too and they said nothing about incompatibility, so I'm ASSUMING that means they will have versions for both phones. I hope so, especially after being disappointed by the Otterbox Defender, I'm hoping this will shine where the Otterbox fell short. We'll see!

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2010
WOW, simply amazing in my opinion if all this is true about it which it seems. Thanks for the videos btw. I'm guessing it's for sale already since these people have it? Anyone else purchased this and have any thoughts on it?

weisjt

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2010
Southern Pines, North Carolina
WOW, simply amazing in my opinion if all this is true about it which it seems. Thanks for the videos btw. I'm guessing it's for sale already since these people have it? Anyone else purchased this and have any thoughts on it?

its not for sale yet i dont think, they were at sxsw convention and other vids i have seen were life proof promo vids, april is what they told me

romeo.xk

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2009
It seems like a nice case, but I do not think I will be getting one, with the iPhone 5 been a few months away, my otterbox, few bumpers a few other cases will do...

Now, if the release a version for the iPhone 5 early enough I might pick one up...

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2010
It seems like a nice case, but I do not think I will be getting one, with the iPhone 5 been a few months away, my otterbox, few bumpers a few other cases will do...

Now, if the release a version for the iPhone 5 early enough I might pick one up...

EXACTLY what I was thinking...

jasonmanning

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2011
Wonder how they have solved the sealing problem? I honestly can not see this thing working but I guess it must be true.

scott99

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2007
I'm on the pre-order list. Looking forward to the release. I have an AT&T iPhone 4, which I'm really happy with, whether they release an iPhone 5 or not this summer, sticking with my IPhone 4. I will give a review once I get mine. May be my final case I own, seems to be perfect for all situations. Having owned an otterbox defender, I won't mind the bulkiness.

trozau

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2010
Appleland, USA
I'm on the pre-order list. Looking forward to the release. I have an AT&T iPhone 4, which I'm really happy with, whether they release an iPhone 5 or not this summer, sticking with my IPhone 4. I will give a review once I get mine. May be my final case I own, seems to be perfect for all situations. Having owned an otterbox defender, I won't mind the bulkiness.
Kewl! Give us the regular rundown on the screen and buttons responsiveness while in the LifeProof case. They give you an ETD yet?

maliu

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
I'm on the preorder list as well. I don't plan on using it all of the time but when I'm hiking or working outside this looks like the best protection. I hope it is easy to put on and remove. I've done a few excursions where everything I've had in my backpack was soaked despite the fact that everything was in ziplock bags and my pack lined with a compactor bag. Hawaii is so humid and when it downpours everything gets at least damp. My Garmin GPS is water resistant and I've even had that display fog up despite being encased in a ziplock. I just wish it came in purple :)

scott99

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2007
Kewl! Give us the regular rundown on the screen and buttons responsiveness while in the LifeProof case. They give you an ETD yet?

I read somwhere that it comes out in April, pretty vague. But I will order it the minute I get the email that it's ready.

Scottgb

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2010
I just got an email response from them yesterday saying it would be coming out at the end of April.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
While I'm very much looking forward to this case, I'm wondering when we'll start seeing irate customer complaints that their waterproof case isn't waterproof due to some production issue :confused: Really want this case however I'm a bit leery of being the guinea pig. Also wondering if they'll have any sort of guarantee on the waterproofedness of this thing.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
While I'm very much looking forward to this case, I'm wondering when we'll start seeing irate customer complaints that their waterproof case isn't waterproof due to some production issue :confused: Really want this case however I'm a bit leery of being the guinea pig. Also wondering if they'll have any sort of guarantee on the waterproofedness of this thing.

i hear ya, but i cant see it not working, "waterproof" isnt some new idea that was just thought of by lifeproof so why wouldnt it do what its designed to do?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.