Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tcador

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
NYC
Is the Education store the only way to get AppleCare for under ? I've checked other sites such as J&R, MacMall, Amazon (couldn't find the MD014LL/A item for latest 15"/17" MBP for some reason) and found the price is same as Apple online, which is

Using a corporate discount, I can get the price down to This still seems a little higher than I'd like to pay. I remember a few years ago when I bought my last MBP I was able to find it for dirt cheap on eBay. That deal, according to what I've read on here, is basically gone and very dangerous even if you can find it.

Might have to ask a friend in college to buy it for me if that's the only option, it's certainly worth saving over

Jedi

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2008
YES !!

B&H Photo {.com} is an Apple Authorized Dealer.

Last year that is where I bought my new Mac Mini . :D

+ 2 Gig`s of Ram ;)

Gary 

Jedi

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2008
As far as Apple Care on a non-US purchased MBP , I would just talk to B&H about that , or even Apple.

You don`t have to buy to ask !!

Best of luck , I hope I have helped :)

Take care,

Gary 

Last edited:

csjcsj

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2011
Sarasota FL
it's $278.69 on Amazon. Not as cheap as B&H (where I've bought a lot of my cameras), but check out differences on shipping.

tcador

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
NYC
Ordered from B&H and should receive it early next week. Thanks all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.