Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 5, 2003
Hi

Just got my mac mini, have a bluetooth apple keyboard, and a microsoft cordless mouse. when I turn on the mac mini, without the mouse attached its wants to pair with the bluetooth mouse first, then the keyboard. I don't have a usb mouse or an adapter to make any keyboards usb, is there a way that I can make the mac mini pair with the bluetooth keyboard, and still use the existing mouse?

Please help

really want to use my new mac!!

Thanks

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
cwedl said:
Hi

Just got my mac mini, have a bluetooth apple keyboard, and a microsoft cordless mouse. when I turn on the mac mini, without the mouse attached its wants to pair with the bluetooth mouse first, then the keyboard. I don't have a usb mouse or an adapter to make any keyboards usb, is there a way that I can make the mac mini pair with the bluetooth keyboard, and still use the existing mouse?

Please help

really want to use my new mac!!

Thanks
So, is it or is it not pairing with your ms cordless mouse? Or is nothing pairing at all? Because you should be able to have more than one device at a time, such as a mouse and keyboard, by pairing one first, then the other. Have you made it all the way into Mac OSX or are you still trying to fill out the information on the intro?

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
I think you probably are going to need to borrow a USB mouse to get this to work. Then you can use bluetooth setup assistant to set up your devices.

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 5, 2003
Thanks Guys, I sorted it.

The ms mouse was a cordless on radio waves not bluetooth. I Had to use a keyboard when I had to type in reg info. I just copy and pasted some words from the privacy information into the required fields using my mouse. When I the OS opened I manually paired the keyboard and it works great. I then refilled in the reg info to what they should have been in the first place.

Thank you for the help though!!

Regards

Christian

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.