Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greenguy4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
What's the best product to use to clean the outer white shell, keyboard, and screen? Anything I should make sure to look out for?

Jsmit

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2004
Boston
I use iKlear on my PowerBook. It works very well. I bought it to clear the screen but now use it on the rest. It works muct better than the Belkin screen cleaning product I got at Best Buy.

ldburroughs

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2005
Virginia Beach, VA
I purchased iDrops on line and after a few applications it looks much better. I bought my iBook second hand and there were a few more scratches than I would have allowed for on the exterior edges. iDrops buffed and polished the exterior and removed most of the blemishes. In the right light (should say the wrong light) you can still see some of the light surface scratches. But for $14 it's better than buying a whole new exterior case. At least it is something I can live with now.

I bought them from http://www.podshop.com because the shipping was lower thansome of the others. They shipped it immediately and I received it on the third day.

armandocerna

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2004
Chico, CA
Maybe it's because the newness of my ibook has worn off but I don't even mind the scratches on the outside. It's a computer. I nice one at that but ibooks especially are very rugged and a few scratches from day to day use happen and it's part of life. As long as there is nothing bad on the screen i'm fine. Actually my ibook has developed a small hairline crack in the white plastic very small an not noticable. I noticed also the powersupply had similar cracks on where you pull out the prongs to plug in the extender.

On a side note I tried using Iklear to clean the screen. It was horrible it created all sorts of smears on the lcd. I ended up using a soft baby towel and just a little water. Works great. Also Mr. Clean's magic eraser works great for the palm rests. I would avoid using the mr clean on the touch pad though it leaves some weird grainy stuff

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.