Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 27, 2011
Has anyone had any problems with texts not going through on Verizon?

Sometimes I'll be texting back and forth with someone, then they'll just randomly stop replying after one of my texts... Giving me the feeling that they didn't get my text... So I'm waiting for them to respond, but they're likely waiting for my text, which [according to my phone] went through.

My suspicion was confirmed twice today. I was sitting in the same room with my sister, and she had a question about something on her phone. I sent her a URL as a text message so she could click it, but she never got it. My phone clearly said it was sent, and her phone did not receive it.

Also, earlier today, I was texting a friend, and then she randomly stopped replying. I talked to her later, asked about the last text I sent, and she had no idea what I was talking about... said she never got that text.

Now I must say, that is annoying and completely unacceptable.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a remedy?

Quick equipment info:
Me - iPhone 4 using biteSMS (Verizon)
Sister - Droid Incredible using Handcent (Verizon)
Friend - Droid Vortex using Handcent (Verizon)

Clearly it's not a carrier-to-carrier issue (like AT&T to Verizon, or vice versa, which I've heard of problems in the past). And I don't know if it's a coincidence that they're both using Android, but I don't recall my Handcent on my previous phone giving me any problems.

So I thought I'd post here and see if anyone else has encountered similar problems. It seems to be completely random, because I text people all the time with [seemingly] no problem, but now that I have noticed this, I wonder how many more of my texts have vanished into limbo. It sucks because there's no way at all for me to tell on my end... really really annoying.

Any similar issues with anyone else here?

Dandrews524

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2009
New York
every once in a while my girlfriend will not receive one of my texts. she has a mytouch 4g on tmobile and i have an iphone with verizon, but i dont think it has ever happened to me when texting a fellow verizon customer. does it still happen to you with the default sms on the iphone?

iceterminal

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2008
Dallas Tx.
This is a carrier issue. The phone merely sends the text to the carrier, who in turn is responsible to sending it to the proper recipient.
There have been times where sending across carriers have had these same issues. But the phone merely sends the text up, after that its all up to the carrier.
I get this sometimes with AT&T as well.
But its not the phone.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 27, 2011
every once in a while my girlfriend will not receive one of my texts. she has a mytouch 4g on tmobile and i have an iphone with verizon, but i dont think it has ever happened to me when texting a fellow verizon customer. does it still happen to you with the default sms on the iphone?

I'm not sure, haven't used it since the day I got the phone since biteSMS is 100x better... although last night I started using it and can't stand it, lol. I guess we'll see how it goes.

I'm just trying to narrow down where the problem might be... my phone, Verizon, or the Handcent app on Android.

Still very irritated about it...

gdjsnyder

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Swoyersville, PA
I've never had this problem with my Verizon iPhone, but had it quit consistently with my AT&T iPhone. It is annoying. From what I understand, it can be your carriers issue, or the recipients carriers issue. There is no "fix" required, it can just happen from time to time. It's unfortunate but nothing is wrong with your phone or anything.

ben514

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2014
The same thing started happening to me a week ago. I'm on verizon with an HTC one, and it is seriously pissing me off :mad: It makes it really hard to communicate with my friends. If anyone has found a fix, I would be super happy. I think i'm going to call verizon and see what's up though.

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
yup same here. Some of my friends who own the 4, don't get messages. Including those sent in a group. If I use my 5s to send out messages… everyone that has 4s and higher gets them… The iPhone 4 not so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.