Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

titimus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2005
Hey everyone.

Sorry to add yet another 'should I....?' thread, but I haven't really found an answer to this question after a bit of browsing.

Here in Aus, my local Apple centre hasn't been able to get hold of any ipod mini's, photo and the regular ipod for about a month now. Apparently they're really hard to get in Aus at the moment, or something.

Also, Apple currently have the 'buy a powerbook and an ipod and get $200 cash back' deal happening, which I thought might be worth my time, only to get shot down in flames by this Apple employee. He doesn't forsee being able to get any ipods in for a month or so.. And the powerbook+ipod deal expires at the end of march.

So my question is this - are Apple trying to sell 'old' stock (as shown in the bundle deal) to make way for a newer model? If so, i'll definately hold off and wait for that.

Any ideas?

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
If you want to wait, then by all means do so, but the next gen is probably still some ways off.

kamamo

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2005
200 dollar rebate???

Hello, You said that there was a promotion going on until the end of march that if you buy a power book and an i pod that you could get a 200 dollar rebate. As i am about to go and purchase both of these items, i was wondering where this promotion was going on, and how to get it. I don't see it on the web site. Is it a promotion at a perticular store? Thanks so much for the help!!!

titimus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2005
kamamo said:
Hello, You said that there was a promotion going on until the end of march that if you buy a power book and an i pod that you could get a 200 dollar rebate. As i am about to go and purchase both of these items, i was wondering where this promotion was going on, and how to get it. I don't see it on the web site. Is it a promotion at a perticular store? Thanks so much for the help!!!

I think asking once was enough Kamamo, but hey. :)

I came across the promotion on the apple.com.au website. It wasn't a headline advertisement though - you might have to check out the ipod section. The rebate was defunct for me anyway, as said above, apparently it's really hard to get hold of an ipod (through a mac store at least) in my state.

Hope that helps.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
The promotion is meant for the education store I think. So in other words, it's available to students and teachers only. As for the iPod not being available in Aus, well who are you dealing with titmus? Here in SA there are plenty of iPods. I'm pretty sure the resellers could get one within a week of ordering at worst.

I have found that local Apple store employees are a little worse than ill-informed. I'm not sure why, but they seem to have NO idea about Apple products at all. One tried to sell me a G5 iBook last month! :eek: :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.