Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

3rdpath

macrumors 68000
Original poster
i'm researching some ipod stuff before buying so any opinions and experiences would be greatly appreciated.

i'm buying the mrs a pink mini( really, it's for her...) and i want to get a larger ipod to archive what has become a large and messy collection of cd's. i was going to buy the 4g 20 gig but it doesn't come with a dock which i'd like so i can use the line out to my stereo system. i noticed the 4g 40 gig comes with a dock and is only $50 more...which means there is basically a $10.00 difference for double the storage space when you factor in the price of the dock.

i know the 40 gig has been EOL'd but does anyone see any reason not to buy it? we don't need a photo ipod or color screen..those options just aren't important to us.

just looking for some opinions before i place my order.

thanks.

tricky

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2003
Lancaster, PA
I'm very happy with my 4G 40GB iPod. The only negative thing i can think of is that the 40Gig is thicker, but it is well worth it having the extra storage space.

wide

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2004
NYC
It's thicker, and I don't think there are any other differences, except that you can't get it engraved anymore

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.