Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pcomac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2011
so im going to buy MBP 13 from them because of the sale they have. the thing is, i wont be able to go there until next week. usually sales dont last long in stores so im really worried that this sale wont last. does anyone know when does the microcenter sale/deal ends?

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
so im going to buy MBP 13 from them because of the sale they have. the thing is, i wont be able to go there until next week. usually sales dont last long in stores so im really worried that this sale wont last. does anyone know when does the microcenter sale/deal ends?

it has been going on forever. i wouldnt worry

jesterscourt

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2009
It ends today in Atlanta, as I asked the manager, thinking about buying another MBP as a gift.

pcomac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2011
^ :eek::eek::eek: what about the one in duluth?
on the website it says "in-store pick up only". does it mean you have to order online and cant buy this deal in stores?

The Mad Mule

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2010
It ends today in Atlanta, as I asked the manager, thinking about buying another MBP as a gift.

What. This better not be true! :eek:

EDIT: I just called the SoCal store, in the Apple department. The guy said that there's no way of knowing until tomorrow, which is when the prices for the week are set. Sooo shoot, looks like some of us will have to rush out there and get one today.

Last edited:

jmjm003

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2011
on the website it says "in-store pick up only". does it mean you have to order online and cant buy this deal in stores?

You can buy in store too. I picked mine up last week at their Marietta location.

jesterscourt

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2009

I was referring to that one, the one off of Pleasant Hill. I'd suggest you head over ASAP. In-store pickup only means you need to go and pick it up to get that deal, they aren't going to ship it to you for that price. You can basically pay for it online, and it'll be ready to pickup in 18 minutes at the front.

pcomac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2011
noooooooooooooo! :(
why?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :(
do you think there will be another sale coming before end of august?

The Mad Mule

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2010
I was referring to that one, the one off of Pleasant Hill. I'd suggest you head over ASAP. In-store pickup only means you need to go and pick it up to get that deal, they aren't going to ship it to you for that price. You can basically pay for it online, and it'll be ready to pickup in 18 minutes at the front.

Do you know how long they hold it for? I assume 24 hours? Possibly 12?

EDIT: Oh, they hold it for three business days. Probably not at the price it was at during the time though.

Last edited:

Kyllle

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2011

I'm pretty sure they just say that to make you buy one, especially if they know you're considering buying and not just browsing.

Same thing when sales say "Limit _ per customer." They want you to think the sale is really good, so you'll buy more then just 1 item, since there's a "limit." Obviously there are some exceptions to this, such as Black Friday, when stores lose money on most of the super good deals. In most cases though, they'd rather you buy more.

But about the Microcenter sale, I doubt it will end this week after they've had it for months. I guess you never know, it's just unlikely.

awer25

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2011
Do you know how long they hold it for? I assume 24 hours? Possibly 12?

EDIT: Oh, they hold it for three business days. Probably not at the price it was at during the time though.

Yes, at that price. If you order online for in-store pickup, you have X amount of days to pick it up. They won't charge you more if the price changes, b/c you already paid. I'm assuming you looked it up and X=3 days.

pcomac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2011
i dont understand how they are making money by selling it at a lower price than apple. dont they get their things from apple? hmmm........... is the quality different?

awer25

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2011
i dont understand how they are making money by selling it at a lower price than apple. dont they get their things from apple? hmmm........... is the quality different?

It's the exact same, and they could be losing some money on it but they hope you'll buy more stuff while you're there. That's why it's in-store only. When you go to Microcenter you'll see - it's too awesome of a store not to buy anything else (which is what they're banking on).

soco

macrumors 68030
Dec 14, 2009
Yardley, PA

They're making money because fellas like you are likely to go, "Oh boy! It's on sale!" and plop down a thousand bucks and get one.

Basic marketing. Company A offers the same product as Company B, but at a lower price. The hope is that they will sell 20 of that product at 5% less than Company B sells 10 of that product at regular price.

In the end, Company A made more money.

Kyllle

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2011

I'm pretty sure they just say that to make you buy one, especially if they know you're considering buying and not just browsing.

Same thing when sales say "Limit _ per customer." They want you to think the sale is really good, so you'll buy more then just 1 item, since there's a "limit." Obviously there are some exceptions to this, such as Black Friday, when stores lose money on most of the super good deals. In most cases though, they'd rather you buy more.

But about the Microcenter sale, I doubt it will end this week after they've had it for months. I guess you never know, it's just unlikely.

2ndname

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2011
Another option is, if there's a Best Buy within 20 miles away from the closest Micro Center you will be able to price match. Unsure what the range is for Apple stores.

jesterscourt

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2009
I was curious about this, and went to the MC site a few hours ago. Still listed at 999. So I stand corrected. Willing to admit my ignorance. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.