Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shurcooL

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 24, 2011
If the upcoming MBA gets Thunderbolt, do you think they'll release a Gigabit Ethernet adapter for it?

100 Megabit over USB 2.0 is pretty lame (Wi-Fi can be faster).

SuprUsrStan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
On that note, if they did a thunderbolt to Firewire, usb, ethernet, optical out, esata....all-in-one-wonder. That'd be amazing. Really, having a little thunderbolt cube attachment that contains all the plugs would be amazing for an air.

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
I suspect the new ACDs will have at least FireWire and Gigabit Ethernet ports, but they should also include USB 3.0 ports. This would be a simple way for Apple to really utilize the Thunderbolt cable and make all users really happy as the ACD would become a real docking station of sorts. I mean one cable connectivity, and it would make the MBA a real powerhouse of sorts when at the desk anyways. I most want a built-in GPU and some real utilization of the Thunderbolt cable.

shurcooL

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 24, 2011
Great news!

So Apple has indeed released a Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet adapter.

It has a 27" LCD attached and costs $999. :D

Samsumac

macrumors regular
May 18, 2011
tbolt to usb 3 would be nice as well, considering the prices of the thunderbolt hdd products we have seen so far

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.