Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Flagg

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2011
I'm thinking something similar to the Sony Vaio Z that has a video card and a CDRW/Blu-Ray player, possibly connecting through the Thunderbolt port. If this were offered at, say, a $199 price tag, would you get it?

sporadicMotion

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2008
Your girlfriends place
I'm thinking something similar to the Sony Vaio Z that has a video card and a CDRW/Blu-Ray player, possibly connecting through the Thunderbolt port. If this were offered at, say, a $199 price tag, would you get it?

The only part I might be interested in is the graphics card. I have zero use for optical drives and I'm very happy to embrace no optical media in my home.

I'd be more interested in the hub from the new cinema display with a video card thrown in (ignoring any potential bandwidth issues) or even as I said in another thread; a cinema display like the new one but with a built in video card... a little niche unfortunately but it would be great.

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
The new Thunderbolt Display has nearly everything that I need, except for eSATA and USB 3. I am ready to embrace the TB future and will happily pay the premium for a TB peripherals, but where are they? I need to copy stuff quickly NOW. :)

I already have a 24" ACD and I am not sure that I want to get the new 27" ATD, especially considering the rip-off price in the UK (£899).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.