Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lali

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2007
Every time I plug in my iPhone, image capture opens...is there any way to stop this?

Hi

Bottom left corner of the application, when I connect my iPhone it offers the option of opening applications automatically. Switch it to "no application"

Francois

timbo64

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2013
Hi

Bottom left corner of the application, when I connect my iPhone it offers the option of opening applications automatically. Switch it to "no application"

Francois

Thank you, seems so obvious now you say it, was doing my head in :D

xiuhtecuhtle

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2014
Oh Apple...

Stupid Apple! How was anyone supposed to notice that?
Thanks Francois, this issue was annoying me :)

MacPC

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2006
There I fixed it for you.

What give you the right to change my opinion? I have the right to say what I think, likewise I would not change what you write. It's only a common manner. So typical Apple fanboy, no one can criticize Apple, right? I like Apple's computer,
I use Macs exclusively at work and at home. But when it comes to Apple's software, I just hate them, OK? And please DON'T "fix" my opinion this time.

flycpd

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2014
What give you the right to change my opinion? I have the right to say what I think, likewise I would not change what you write. It's only a common manner. So typical Apple fanboy, no one can criticize Apple, right? I like Apple's computer,
I use Macs exclusively at work and at home. But when it comes to Apple's software, I just hate them, OK? And please DON'T "fix" my opinion this time.

Lighten up, Francis. It was a joke aimed at :apple:, not at your precious opinion.

pubwvj

macrumors 68000
Oct 1, 2004
Mountains of Vermont
Unfortunately this fix doesn't work with some devices like older iPodTouches and digital cameras like the Casio I have. Image Capture launches but then shows Zero (0) devices listed and no button to click. Works fine with newer iPodTouches but not with older ones. So I'm still looking for a solution to stop Image Capture from launching.

crofoot

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2015
Image Capture opening randomly

I recently installed Yosemite from Lion. IC opens for no apparent reason w/no devices listed, so I'm not getting preference options either. Any help?

hutrebug

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2015
Unfortunately this fix doesn't work with some devices like older iPodTouches and digital cameras like the Casio I have. Image Capture launches but then shows Zero (0) devices listed and no button to click. Works fine with newer iPodTouches but not with older ones. So I'm still looking for a solution to stop Image Capture from launching.

Image Capture opening randomly

I recently installed Yosemite from Lion. IC opens for no apparent reason w/no devices listed, so I'm not getting preference options either. Any help?

I had the same issue. I fixed it by plugging in my device (then Image Capture opens with zero devices) then I unplugged and replugged my device and Image Capture recognized it so I could proceed to click the bottom left menu and set it to no application.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.