Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

18augusts

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2011
After I restored then updated it to iOS 5, I lost all my photos, which is actually fine with me since there was nothing important and most were backed up anyways.

But now, after I take a picture and go to the albums, all the picture appear as blank squares. But when I click one, the picture will load after a few seconds. Anyone know a fix to this? :confused:

EDIT: I have beta 5 by the way for Iphone 4

Last edited:

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
After I restored then updated it to iOS 5, I lost all my photos, which is actually fine with me since there was nothing important and most were backed up anyways.

But now, after I take a picture and go to the albums, all the picture appear as blank squares. But when I click one, the picture will load after a few seconds. Anyone know a fix to this? :confused:

EDIT: I have beta 5 by the way for Iphone 4

Did you restore it OTA? if so, did you do the 'erase contents and settings' route as advised by Apple?

If so, or if you manually updated by plugging in, then try removing the photos again and then re-sync them.

If you didn't do the erase content and settings, then try a clean install as there was a reason apple advised to do this first.

18augusts

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2011
Did you restore it OTA? if so, did you do the 'erase contents and settings' route as advised by Apple?

If so, or if you manually updated by plugging in, then try removing the photos again and then re-sync them.

If you didn't do the erase content and settings, then try a clean install as there was a reason apple advised to do this first.

I didn't restore by OTA and I did not 'erase contents and settings'

I really don't have any photos to put in my iphone and I wanted to delete them all anyways. But now, when I tried out the camera and took a picture, then proceed to the album, the thumbnails are all black. But if clicked, they screen changes and goes to the normal bigger picture of the image.

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
I didn't restore by OTA and I did not 'erase contents and settings'

I really don't have any photos to put in my iphone and I wanted to delete them all anyways. But now, when I tried out the camera and took a picture, then proceed to the album, the thumbnails are all black. But if clicked, they screen changes and goes to the normal bigger picture of the image.

if you updated via iTunes, try restoring again, if that still has same effect, try a fresh install, could be a setting glitch from your update. if still no joy, report the bug to apple.

18augusts

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2011
if you updated via iTunes, try restoring again, if that still has same effect, try a fresh install, could be a setting glitch from your update. if still no joy, report the bug to apple.

Yup, I updated via iTunes. I restored it again, what do you mean 'fresh install.'

col2k8

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2011
I've noticed that I can no longer send pictures from the Photo Library or any of my albums. It comes up with an Application Error. Sending a picture through this app directly via the camera appears to work with no issues.

I've also noticed this is the same via Instagram also.

Has anyone else experienced this? Can't seem to find any information regarding it on any forums elsewhere?

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
I've noticed that I can no longer send pictures from the Photo Library or any of my albums. It comes up with an Application Error. Sending a picture through this app directly via the camera appears to work with no issues.

I've also noticed this is the same via Instagram also.

Has anyone else experienced this? Can't seem to find any information regarding it on any forums elsewhere?

i also have the same problem. the only solution i found so far was to take a snapshot of the original photo. that seems to fix the problem for me, gl.

cdavi060

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2007
I have the same issue. I found a solution for this exact problem on iOS4.1 but it proved not to work in iOS 5. Does anyone have a solution besides wiping the phone and starting over?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.