Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator24765

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 13, 2009
Texas
So my youtube channel just got approved for monetization. Most of the videos are interviews and game highlights. With that being said, I am looking to find free royalty free music that can be used on youtube that wont affect monetization.

I have used the garage band stuff but don't want to overuse it. Once is enough.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Gator24765

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 13, 2009
Texas
thanks for the responses. Ideally I am looking for something free, like where i can just credit the artist etc.. I don't think the profits made from youtube would overpower the price paid for music.

Im not sure if you can talk about this in public forums but does anyone else have their youtube monetized? and how much do you make for only getting a couple thousand views per video? Send me a PM if you cant reply here.

cgbier

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2011
Are there no upstart bands that'd need some publicity in your area?

Sometimes you'll have to spend money to make money.

linuxcooldude

macrumors 68020
Mar 1, 2010

Make sure you check the Creative commons license for the song. While they are free to download and even share, there are different ones and have stipulations. In some instances the owner does not want you to make monetary gain and will state so.

Gator24765

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 13, 2009
Texas
This guy has tons of "royalty free" music you can use as long as you credit him. His rules are posted and simple.

Best of luck.... http://incompetech.com/m/c/royalty-free/

Thanks! I will be sure to throw a percentage of income made, if any, to the donate section for this guys website. I haven't had any luck making any dough so far but I just started.

I will check out the other sites as well.

gaxon

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2011
Hello.
Please check out my Royalty Free music, which can be perfect for your video projects.
My portfolio, I hope you will find something interesting.

Best Regards to all!

sport302

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2012
I am looking to find free royalty free music that can be used on youtube that wont affect monetization.

Any suggestions?!

You might want to take a look at: http://www.backgroundband.com

They have royalty-free background music that can be used on both commercial and personal YouTube videos.

WRP

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2011
Boston
If you use FCS to edit your stuff you already have a ton of royalty free stuff with Soundtrack.

Also, it sounds stupid but when we were trying to reduce our license budget we found myspace to be a great place to source out "nobodies" who were just stoked on the exposure. I don't think myspace is really a viable tool anymore but I am sure there is something social networking wise that a lot of bands still use to get their music out. I just don't know what that is. It's amazing how many people will give you stuff for free for exposure.

billkirim

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2012
You can find free royalty free music here:
http://www.themusicase.com/free-royalty-free-music.html

Themusicase.com offers every week one totally free royalty free music track.
by the way if you have live your video you can test every stock music track for the library with the new beta iframe version:
goto http://www.themusicase.com/iframe/ and you can "put" your video URL on the upper frame and test it live with the tracks from the library.

here is a working example: http://goo.gl/xMsFY

Thank you.

salacious

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2011
So my youtube channel just got approved for monetization. Most of the videos are interviews and game highlights. With that being said, I am looking to find free royalty free music that can be used on youtube that wont affect monetization.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Im a music producer, il give you tracks for free, and even supply them to you with copyright permission aslong as you provide a link to the original song on youtube, gotta be better than nothing and youd be helping my views out if anyone did wanna listen to it..

Gator24765

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 13, 2009
Texas
Im a music producer, il give you tracks for free, and even supply them to you with copyright permission aslong as you provide a link to the original song on youtube, gotta be better than nothing and youd be helping my views out if anyone did wanna listen to it..

PM me your email or post your youtube channel here and I will do that.

Thanks

SoulState

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2012
Royalty Free music For You ;) /Modern Electronic, Chill-Out, And More!/

Hi i'm a composer and writing royalty free music, i have some cool driving electronic tracks, also beatiful chill-out and downtempo music.
If you interested, welcome to my portfolio on Pond5 :

My portfolio

And check out my latest tunes:

"Falling Leaves" (Beautiful Chill-Out)

Cool Driving Breakbeat

"Infinite Light" (Cool Uplifting Trance)

"Flow Of Life" - Chilled Track With Guitar and Piano

"Sensation Of Spring" - Antother Beautiful Chilled Track

Also have some nice sound effects.

Thank You =)

ctyhntr

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2010
I was told all the sounds clips in iMovie and Garage Band are royalty free. Did Youtube started flagging those?

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
I was told all the sounds clips in iMovie and Garage Band are royalty free. Did Youtube started flagging those?

If they have flagged it you can complain because you have the rights for those tracks.

I believe YouTube can still flag the content even if you have the rights for it.

A simple email should sort out the problem for you!

julesw

macrumors member
May 22, 2010
as above, i like incompetech.com

There's some good stuff if you search long enough
you need to credit him your description,

a tonne of top youtubers use him and you wont get copyright issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.