Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joehan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 5, 2011
Hi all

Because i want to be able to open my MBA 13" A1369 i have been looking for the famous screwdriver.

I bought the BEST 8800C (the iFixit.com one) but it dosent fit correctly and it actually smashed some of the screw when i tried to use it! :mad: The driver is now also kinda smashed from the use. Dont buy this one!!

I went to the apple store and he had a screwdriver that fitted perfect (i believe it was white plated nickel). I think it was part of a set and im pretty sure it was this set: http://www.ebay.com/itm/JACKLY-45-1...t=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item3a677ab603

My Q is now - can someone conferm this set has the right size for the pentalobe screw on my macbook air ? or does anyone have a screwdriver that actually fits perfectly and dont smash the screw or itself?

best regards Joe :)

joehan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 5, 2011
it can be used if you are carefull, but it dosent fit perfectly, and u risk messing up the screw :(

crspechicn

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2011
I am looking for the same thing... I ended up wrecking one of my screws when I tried to tighten it to get rid of the creaking mine is having. If you find one that fits perfectly... let us know! I tried the iFixit one and it sucks. I bought an ebay one (a lone driver, not the set you linked) and it also sucks.

I was able to find the screws on eBay (not cheap -- $22 for the set of 10), so if you wreck one at least you can replace it.

joehan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 5, 2011
yeah i actually also bought screws like that for 22 bucks. Isnt the ifixit one (BEST 8800C) a tiny torx driver?

Anyway, it cant be so a normal consumer cant get a driver like that. Someone please give up a clue! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.