Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dr Kevorkian94

macrumors 68020
Jun 9, 2009
SI, NY
I know they did that a while ago (some limited edition thing), but I can't see the article as the link didn't work on my iPad for some reason. I'm happy they are doing it again, I would buy the shoes

Edit: saw it omg I want them, I hope there not that expensive (if this is true of corse)

Last edited:

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
If they actually auto lace I would buy a pair and are not too expensive I would buy a pair. Also I would only buy them if they were being fully mass produced.

Not some limited edition where I have to hang out in front of a shoe store for hours or days on end for the off chance of getting a pair. Then not be able to actually wear them for fear of damaging them and never being able to replace them.

Edit: Also I could not see waiting outside a store given that I wear a 14D to 15 EE (depending on the shoe maker). Both of which are extremely rare to find in most shoe stores except in a few ugly shoes. Yet too small for big and tall stores which also have a craptacular selection.

Archman!

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2010
Georgia
I would totally buy these for my young kids...or is it wrong not to teach your kids how to tie their own shoes?

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
I am so buying these and will wear them with everything! I seriously hope they just sell the shoes in mass production and not pull some limited # crap like velocityg4 mentioned.

KOZOK

macrumors member
May 2, 2011
I think Nike is matching the amount sold for each shoe, regardless i think more $ would me made if a general release was happening.
The tech is probably not remotely profitable. They'll make more money auctioning a limited release on ebay than if they tried to mass produce and retail them for 1k/each.

aziatiklover

macrumors 68030
Jul 12, 2011
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

interrobang

macrumors 6502
May 25, 2011
No power laces = FAIL. That was the whole point of the future-shoe! (McFly: "Power laces, all right!")

Without that, what are these?

They have a light-up logo. Wow. Every ten-year-old had light-up shoes in the '90s, remember them?

Dr Kevorkian94

macrumors 68020
Jun 9, 2009
SI, NY
The tech is probably not remotely profitable. They'll make more money auctioning a limited release on ebay than if they tried to mass produce and retail them for 1k/each.

What tech the shoes don't actualy power lace and all the rest is led's and a battery good for a 5hr charge. I bet if they sold then for $200-$300 and made like a million or more they would make enough to cover operating coasts (besides the shoes are donated from nike). And my mistake Nike is not matching the cash it is the co founder of google who is. I bet the you'd make much more money for the foundation if they did a public release. Then again it's probably more profitable for Nike to do a real release with power laces in 2015 pluss it would be more epic. Regardless I will be anticipating 2015 if they don't do it I will be sad.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I think Nike is matching the amount sold for each shoe, regardless i think more $ would me made if a general release was happening.

The linked article says that 1500 pairs will be sold on eBay. It does not say that they're eBay-exclusive.

NB: Another article may indeed state that, but I'm just going by what's in this thread :)

Dr Kevorkian94

macrumors 68020
Jun 9, 2009
SI, NY
The linked article says that 1500 pairs will be sold on eBay. It does not say that they're eBay-exclusive.

NB: Another article may indeed state that, but I'm just going by what's in this thread :)

They are eBay exclusive at least for now, mj fox was on letterman yesterday and they said it was limited edition to bennifit the foundation.

KOZOK

macrumors member
May 2, 2011
If anybody wears these in public without turning their pants inside out first they should get jumped.

Tiggs

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
Had high hopes for these shoes when I first heard about them. After seeing them, was fairly underwhelmed. overpriced shoes with lights. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.